Author Topic: Zenrat's Flying Circus  (Read 159560 times)

Offline zenrat

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Currently on double secret probation.
Re: Zenrat's Flying Circus
« Reply #330 on: August 14, 2015, 04:02:53 am »
Thanks guys.  Proper thread started here.

Looks like I lucked in with the props then.  I would have had to come into the house to google it myself and that would have meant at least an hour as I would have got distracted.

So, that one is finished and the FW 189 won't be long.  Babs will be next.  I have an urge to mount some large soviet air to air missiles on it "just 'cause".  I'm waiting for a warmish day to put a coat of gloss clear on it so I can get the Polish decals on.  I also need a decent day to get more paint on the Dagger.

Spring's definitely on its way here as the Wattles are flowering.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline Rheged

• Growing older is inevitable, growing up isn't!
« Reply #331 on: August 14, 2015, 10:02:16 am »
How is Madame Zenrat's hand?  Is it healing properly?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Offline zenrat

« Reply #332 on: August 16, 2015, 03:30:18 am »
It's healing very well thank you.  Stitches came out 10 days after the event and she proudly told me the other night that she had peeled off a load of dead skin from around it and it was all pink & new underneath.  The event was 3 weeks ago now and it's knitted together very nicely.  She's still keeping it covered with a dressing though as it's still tender.  It's going to be a lovely scar.
I've given her my cold now though so she's spent the weekend in bed producing snotty tissues, coughing up buttery lung oysters, wheezing (she's asthmatic anyway) and binge viewing Poldark.  At least the electricians came on friday and installed a socket so we can run the heating.
No house painting was allowed though because of the smell so i've been able to decal both Babs and the Porthus, get on with the last fiddley bits of the Tilt fan and even do some of the D9 Dozer.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #333 on: August 16, 2015, 06:21:14 am »
Very, very interesting, what period is it ?

Some will tell you that the Polish AF put it's national markings at a different distance from the wingtip on either side so as to confuse air-gunners. However I'm not sure what period that covers and even Polish manufacturers sometimes miss it in their transfer placement sheets. Besides I'm half convinced it was just a couple of daft ground crew who got the measurements wrong and that one photo has led to what is a current belief  :rolleyes:

Glad the lady wife's hand is healing, sorry about the cold. However as I always say "it has to go somewhere, otherwise it would be homeless"
Decals my @r$e!

Offline ericr

« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2015, 07:47:57 am »

the Caproni definitely has aerial colors (but is it sunrise or sunset?  :unsure:)

good that the hand is healing : we are especially conscious of the advantages of fine prehensility on this forum.

Offline zenrat

« Reply #335 on: August 17, 2015, 03:18:17 am »
I have no idea on time period Chris.  I'm just following the instructions of the voices in my head.   ;)
The missiles are Vympel R-27s which were introduced in 1983...
...so 1940s then.  ;D

I prefer sunrises to sunsets Eric - less people about.
Fred

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #336 on: August 17, 2015, 06:14:02 am »
I'm for sunsets, particularly when sitting on a beautiful beach. Sunset (unsurprisingly) on Oahu is gorgeous as are a couple I've seen from Samoa. Northern latitudes can be excellent as well as the sky is very clear - thinking Canada, Alaska and Norway here
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Rheged

• Growing older is inevitable, growing up isn't!
« Reply #337 on: August 17, 2015, 09:49:51 am »
I'm for sunsets, particularly when sitting on a beautiful beach. Sunset (unsurprisingly) on Oahu is gorgeous as are a couple I've seen from Samoa. Northern latitudes can be excellent as well as the sky is very clear - thinking Canada, Alaska and Norway here

Agreed, I'm for sunsets too.   In the UK, try over the Solway Firth, Ardnamurchan Point  or even the "not really quite a proper sunset" in late June in  Orkney and  Shetland.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Offline scooter

« Reply #338 on: August 17, 2015, 11:31:01 am »
Agreed, I'm for sunsets too.   In the UK, try over the Solway Firth, Ardnamurchan Point  or even the "not really quite a proper sunset" in late June in  Orkney and  Shetland.

Which is probably much like the "not really quite a proper sunset (or sunrise) in Iceland over the summer... ;D
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Offline zenrat

« Reply #339 on: August 18, 2015, 02:44:01 am »
Sunsets are good (viewed from the back of a camel on the beach in Broome in Western Australia springs to mind) but the thing with sunrises is I always feel they are more exclusive as less people will be out of bed watching them.
A good day of course would be topped and tailed with both.
Fred

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #340 on: August 18, 2015, 06:42:29 am »
Must admit I've been in the Arctic Circle a few times - Norway, Finland and Alaska and the "not quite a sunrise/sunset" throws me. I found it quite unsettling for some reason
Decals my @r$e!

Offline zenrat

« Reply #341 on: August 18, 2015, 06:22:23 pm »
I've never been that far North or South.  I'd love to visit Antarctica.

I'm working earlies at the moment finishing at around 8 am.  For some reason (possibly lack of sleep) I arranged for a flat pack kitchen to be delivered today.  They gave me a window of 7 am to 1 pm.  They haven't been yet and it's 11:25 and I could really do with a couple of hours nap but i'm scared that if I do i won't hear the doorbell and they'll take it back to the store.  What's the odds they don't get here until 1 (or after) anyway though?

I can't even hit the shed and do some building as there's no way i'll know when they arrive then.

Maybe a shower is in order?  Stripping off and soaping up should guarantee they choose that exact moment to arrive...

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:30:20 pm by zenrat »
Fred

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2015, 07:04:48 am »
You know how to make the mind  :blink: don't you ? To much information  ;D As for the delivery guys ? I'm the same as you they always come at the back end of the quoted time, never the front  :banghead:

As for Antarctica ? The one continent and sea I've not been to and to be honest it doesn't bother me much. I like some greenery at least. Spitzbergen was the nearest I've been to a complete Arctic type landscape.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline zenrat

« Reply #343 on: August 20, 2015, 03:03:39 am »
I had a shower and they rang just after I got dressed (12:00) to say they were running late and wouldn't be there until between 13:30 and 14:30.
They then turned up exactly on 13:30.

Babs is almost done now.  Just the missiles and pilot to finish painting and then some final assembly.
Porthus needs some touching up done on the fin chequers and the wheels & tyres painting followed by sorting out the pilot and canopy and making the windows.
I've also primed the track support parts of the D9 Dozer.  I'm working up to the cab with it's rather complex masking job.

I've been to hot deserts but not cold.  Parts of Western and South Australia for example.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:07:24 am by zenrat »
Fred

Offline Captain Canada

• "but this time it's different. I was drunk when I agreed to it."
« Reply #344 on: August 20, 2015, 06:43:01 am »
Looks like a jet with that open mouth and missile armament ! Glad to hear the Missus is feeling better.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?