Author Topic: Rickshaw's Roundup  (Read 1451 times)

Offline rickshaw

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: Rickshaw's Roundup
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2019, 12:14:51 am »
T54 is complete (more or less).  However, I have run out of the shade of green I was using to paint it with.  I have raided the LHSs and none of them have the shade of green I was using!  Disgusting.  I have purchased a similar but not the same shade of green so I will need to repaint it.    :banghead:

I have started on the M47.   I officially hate the carpet monster in my modelling room.   I dropped a suspension arm and it has been eaten.    I am, to put it mildly, somewhat miffed.  I will need to manufacture a replacement one.    It is annoying.    :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2019, 03:50:27 am »
How annoying, on both counts.

Have you tried walking about barefoot?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline rickshaw

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2019, 04:12:46 am »
How annoying, on both counts.

Have you tried walking about barefoot?

Too cold for that!   :wacko:

I have basically taken everything up off the floor around the modelling desk.   The trailing arm is not present.  It has been eaten by the Carpel Monster!   :banghead:

Offline kerick

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2019, 05:11:27 pm »
Use the vacuum cleaner with either a new bag or a nylon stocking over the end of the hose to catch the wayward part.
There's someone in my head, but it's not me!

Offline rickshaw

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2019, 02:28:22 am »
OK, today was a day that was finally warm enough to have an interest in modeling.  I repainted the T-54 with a different shade of green and then, 'cause it was gloss, I had to use a matt varnish over the top.  Seems to have worked well.

The M47 is forging ahead.  I made a replacement trailing arm for one of the wheels and it fitted OK.  Then did the return rollers.  What was interesting is that each side has positions for three return rollers but I have an extra two, one each side.  Seems the chassis was one meant for an earlier, M26 tank, which had a set of tensioning rollers between the last roadwheel and the drive sprockets. Oh, well, seems I have a rather large hole to fill now.    :banghead:

Offline rickshaw

« Reply #50 on: Today at 06:11:53 am »
Winter is officially over now.  My modelling room has lost it's icicle like feel.  I am modelling again.  Officially!  I have glued two pieces of plastic together!  I am still working on the M47 which has been sitting on my modelling table the last two months forlornly.   :banghead:

Work is starting to increase.  I have repainted my T55.  It is now a pleasing shade of green.  I have decided what I will paint the M47 - a different shade of green, less pleasing. 

Thursday, they are forecasting that it will reach 30 degrees!  Yippee!  Summer has returned!  The modelling season can begin!   :thumbsup:

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: Today at 06:30:11 am »
I always think of autumn/winter being the modelling season myself. Doesn't summer get a little warm down there ?
Decals my @r$e!