Author Topic: Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....  (Read 52888 times)

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • bashes kits
Re: Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....
« Reply #375 on: January 19, 2020, 07:34:52 am »
For what feels like forever.....I've finished a build!!

Pics to follow.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Arrow, Beaumaris, Battle, Bronco GA.1, Barracuda II, CASA 2.217, Corsair GR.1, EE P12, Hawker P1067, Hellcat IV, Ice Cream Tank, JP T4, Jumo MiG-15, Macchi MC.205, Meteor F.8R, Phantom FG1, Puffin, Sea Hawk T7, Spitfire XII, Ta154, Val.

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #376 on: January 19, 2020, 07:59:04 am »
Tease  ;D
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Captain Canada

• "but this time it's different. I was drunk when I agreed to it."
« Reply #377 on: January 19, 2020, 08:08:03 am »
lol ! Sounds good !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • bashes kits
« Reply #378 on: Yesterday at 04:39:51 am »
Iíve been pretty rubbish at keeping the blog up to date, certainly compared to others whom I could mention - there are several particularly interesting/entertaining blogs - but wonít. 

Anyway the recurring new yearís resolution is holding, that is to finally finish off the part builds that have been gathering dust over the last couple of years. 

First of these was my first ever sci-fi post (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47314.msg867795#msg867795), which took 15 minutes to build and 8 months to paint!  Whatís left to finish off can be seen in my profile at the bottom of this and every entry I make on the forum.

Two part builds stand out - the JP4 and the Phantom.  The former is a rebuild of the ancient Airfix JP3 that Has been complete bar a canopy for 20 years.  Have been meaning to plunge mould one  (or wait for a commercially-available vacform) but never got round to it. 

The Phantom is a Fujimi FGR.2 representing an FG.1, fully built but the painting is unfinished.  Again it has languished in that state for 20 years and I donít know why!

Meanwhile other stuff gets built and the stash grows.  Resistance to stash addition can be futile, but not always. For example, Iím loving the new red box Airfix stuff but other than a MiG-15 and a Bf109G havenít built what I have.  Have resisted the Victor and will resist the new Vulcan as Iíve had both Matchbox Victor and original Airfix Vulcan in the loft since forever.  Donít want a new Buccaneer as the built Matchbox + C Scale parts is fine and Iíve got Phantoms covered (just so you know, my principle real-world model making interest is post-WW2 RAF).

Meanwhile Iím curiously tempted by the new MiG-17 and the Beaufort has tons more appeal than the Vulcan.  And I keep looking at elderly, cheap kits as whif material.  For example, having sworn never again Iíve a cunning dH88 plan that requires an Airfix Comet.

Anyway, the JP4 issue will be resolved courtesy of Airfixís recent 79 Sqn markings version.  Mind you, I may yet make that canopy.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:49:13 am by kitbasher »
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Arrow, Beaumaris, Battle, Bronco GA.1, Barracuda II, CASA 2.217, Corsair GR.1, EE P12, Hawker P1067, Hellcat IV, Ice Cream Tank, JP T4, Jumo MiG-15, Macchi MC.205, Meteor F.8R, Phantom FG1, Puffin, Sea Hawk T7, Spitfire XII, Ta154, Val.