Mustang Flapjack (finished page 5)

Started by Tophe, June 27, 2019, 10:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

My next model project may be a combination of Heller P-51D and Boeing 390 (Unicraft 1/72, see http://www.unicraft.biz/on/b390/b390.htm and our friend TomZ built one see http://www.unicraft.biz/bigph1/b390-zuijdwegt.htm ). The kits are not ordered yet but maybe soon. ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Thanks. ;)
Now the Boeing part is ordered, and I may buy the North Am kit when I want in the toy store in the town near here.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Thanks for this funny name! ;D Adopted! :thumbsup: (Copyright zenrat? expensive?) :unsure:

zenrat

Quote from: Tophe on June 28, 2019, 04:03:44 AM
Thanks for this funny name! ;D Adopted! :thumbsup: (Copyright zenrat? expensive?) :unsure:

Free to my friends.

;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

PR19_Kit

I can already see the Twin-Flaptang, made from a Vought XF5U-1 wing with a Mustang engine pod on each tip, with a Mustang canopy in the middle.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 28, 2019, 06:27:55 AM
I can already see the Twin-Flaptang, made from a Vought XF5U-1 wing with a Mustang engine pod on each tip, with a Mustang canopy in the middle.  ;D ;)

That would probably have worked better than what they actually used.  :D
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Quote from: Scotaidh on June 28, 2019, 06:47:38 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 28, 2019, 06:27:55 AM
That would probably have worked better than what they actually used.  :D
;D Thanks for this similar idea (like a family...): I draw it but I will not build this one I think:

With these "normal" propellers, maybe the Twin-Flaptang would be less STOL than the F5U but faster(?) :unsure:

kerick

You know this is how all the flying saucer stories started!
Tophe, you will be getting a visit from the Men in Black soon.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

I have not seen the Men in Black films sorry, but Wikipedia explains and I understand :thumbsup:
Here is a slanting view of the Flaptang project (to be built soon: in 1945)... :unsure: :-\ ;D

b29r

I'm popping the popcorn right now, to sit back and enjoy this  :wub:

kerick

I agree with the popcorn idea! This will be fun to watch. Will you go with the dark sea blue paint color?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on June 28, 2019, 07:29:47 AM

With these "normal" propellers, maybe the Twin-Flaptang would be less STOL than the F5U but faster(?) :unsure:

More than likely, as the F5U didn't fly at all, STOL or no.  ;) ;D

Your drawing is EXACTLY how I imagined it, I like that a lot.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit