Sky Pirate Flying Dinghy - Finished Pics Pg9.

Started by zenrat, March 14, 2019, 02:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

For this GB, an unconventional flying boat.  A bitza box special.
Here are the starting components - Two Kinder Surprise capsules, a 3d printed dinghy and the engine from a 1/72 ICM Polikarpov I-16

FMUM Flying Boat WIP 14-03-2014 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Yes. I see the logic in this!  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rick Lowe

Good Show, What?!

Tally Ho!! ;D

jcf

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

I have decided this unconventional flying machine will be a tender for my long planned Sky Pirate Dirigible (which I may make a start on once I finish the Sea Witch).

Today I added to the pyramid framework I have been building on the dinghy hull to mount the engine and gas bags.  I also added some more parts to the gasbag retention girdles*.
The girdles will be attached to a structure which will mount to the top of the pyramid framework.
The Flying Dinghy will be propeller driven with directional control by rudder.  Altitude control will be by venting gas or water ballast while elevators will control attitude.
All this is likely to change without notice should I find an interesting looking part I want to use but which doesn't fit with the current thinking.

*The beauty of a build of this type is I can make up names for the component parts and no-one can tell me i'm wrong.**
**Well, you can try, but I can ignore you.   ;D
Fred

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

I lose parts larger than that to the Tile Monster on a regular basis. :-\

Looking good, Fred! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Heh heh.

I did lose an exhaust pipe to the floor yesterday.
:-\
Before going any further I need to find and fit a pilot.  I'm thinking one of the van drivers from the Hasegawa US Pilots & Crew set.  They are in a relaxed pose with one leg draped over the edge of the seat.  I think I can modify this pose into one of sitting at the stern grasping a tiller (because how else would you pilot a flying dinghy?).
Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

63cpe

Yep, it's looking good mate! enjoy!

zenrat

Thanks guys.

I found a potential pilot and have performed an amputation.  I am in two minds whether to reattach his leg at the required new angle or to give him a peg.  I must admit the peg is tempting.   :mellow:
Due to it being a rather small dinghy the pilot will need to sit on the coaming.  This seemed rather uncomfortable so I extended it.
I also added an engine mounting and was then able to dry fit the engine (Shvetsov M-63) and prop (cut down and reshaped Gladiator).
Sky Pirates Flying Dinghy WIP 24-03-2019 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred