Sky Pirate Flying Dinghy - Finished Pics Pg9.

Started by zenrat, March 14, 2019, 02:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 24, 2019, 01:01:50 AM

I am in two minds whether to reattach his leg at the required new angle or to give him a peg.  I must admit the peg is tempting.   :mellow:

If you do that you'll HAVE to give him a parrot to sit on his shoulder too.  ;) ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I'm not sure if i'm up to hand carving a 1/72 parrot.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Reality in Scale do 1/35 scale birds, maybe one of them could be modified/painted-up-to-look-like a big macaw or similar?

Probably not this set: http://www.realityinscale.com/epages/61537336.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61537336/Products/35211

Probably this set: http://www.realityinscale.com/epages/61537336.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61537336/Products/35257

Or, maybe, this set: http://www.realityinscale.com/epages/61537336.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61537336/Products/35258

(BNA only have the latter two sets, but they're marked as OUT OF STOCK - Sorry!)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

63cpe

Three little birds....now isn't that a Bob Marley song...;-)

David aka 63cpe

zenrat

I think I may be getting a little bit carried away with this one.
I find myself planning to build a length of triangular section space frame beam to connect the gasbags to the pyramid frame...
Fred

63cpe

NARSES2

Quote from: 63cpe on March 24, 2019, 04:06:13 AM

Yup and I heard the great man sing it live  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 24, 2019, 07:39:49 AM
Quote from: 63cpe on March 24, 2019, 04:06:13 AM

Yup and I heard the great man sing it live  :thumbsup:

Name dropper!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

I was looking at the etched metal kits at Hobby Lobby. The Ferris wheel kit has some really nice pieces that might work for this.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on March 24, 2019, 01:01:50 AM
Thanks guys.

I found a potential pilot and have performed an amputation.  I am in two minds whether to reattach his leg at the required new angle or to give him a peg.  I must admit the peg is tempting.   :mellow:
Due to it being a rather small dinghy the pilot will need to sit on the coaming.  This seemed rather uncomfortable so I extended it.
I also added an engine mounting and was then able to dry fit the engine (Shvetsov M-63) and prop (cut down and reshaped Gladiator).
Sky Pirates Flying Dinghy WIP 24-03-2019 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Those aren't very impressive hiking boards mate.  ;D

zenrat

You're right.  Maybe I should make them bigger...

Thanks for the tip Kerick.

I've started the gasbag support truss/trellis/arm.  A combination of rod and angle styrene.  Probably far too complex.  It's a bit like a Takom kit...
Fred

zenrat

More done on the gasbag support.
Needs some diagonals still to brace it.
Fred