The Flying Boat, Seaplane and Amphibian G.B - Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, September 27, 2017, 07:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

O.K. here's the place for any general discussions including regarding the rules.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

And in previous discussion the mods have determined that hovercraft and ekranoplans ARE eligible.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

strobez

Do we get to ask questions yet?   :-X

First up is, I'd like to request a ruling from the mods on entering my Porco Rosso Savoia S.21.  I didn't realize that it would be a perfect fit for this GB so I started it, but got no further than cutting the main pieces off the sprue and giving the cockpit interior a single coat of paint.  It's been sitting untouched for a few weeks as I've tried to focus on getting my Sci-Fi GB projects finished... and remained that way in anticipation of this request.

All current work can be reviewed in the build thread - http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44187.0.html
Thanks!

Greg

PR19_Kit

Yes, questions are OK now. We'll cogitate on your S.21 and get back to you.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: strobez on September 27, 2017, 09:39:35 AM
Do we get to ask questions yet?   :-X

First up is, I'd like to request a ruling from the mods on entering my Porco Rosso Savoia S.21.  I didn't realize that it would be a perfect fit for this GB so I started it, but got no further than cutting the main pieces off the sprue and giving the cockpit interior a single coat of paint.  It's been sitting untouched for a few weeks as I've tried to focus on getting my Sci-Fi GB projects finished... and remained that way in anticipation of this request.

All current work can be reviewed in the build thread - http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44187.0.html

We've discussed it &, if that's as far as you've gone, it's a unanimous "Yes, you may enter it" from the mod's. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

strobez

Yay! I would like to thank the academy for their consideration...
Thanks!

Greg

Old Wombat

Oh, no! We're just GB moderators! The Whiffy Academy is a whole different kettle of fish! ;)

strobez

Can I also respectfully ask one of those fine moderators to move the Savoia thread to this GB section?
Thanks!

Greg

Old Wombat

OK, I'll give it a try.

Remember, no more work until 00.01 Wednesday 1st November 2017!

Later: Sorry, strobez, looks like I can't. I'll chase it up with Chris.

PR19_Kit

Yeah, we moderators may be 'all powerful' within our own GB area, but for REAL power you need a Global Moderator.  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I'll get the S21 moved.

Guy ignore my PM I replied to yours before reading this thread.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: strobez on September 28, 2017, 03:56:36 AM
Can I also respectfully ask one of those fine moderators to move the Savoia thread to this GB section?

I've moved it  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Looking at the stash I have an ideal candidate for this GB. Problem is, is that it's a vacform and I've never built one  :o

I may well start it and take my time with it whilst working on something else.

Librarian

....and Airfix have timed their Walrus to perfection...and in the RIGHT scale :wacko: (bloody nitpickers!!).

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Librarian on September 28, 2017, 07:25:40 AM

....and Airfix have timed their Walrus to perfection...and in the RIGHT scale :wacko: (bloody nitpickers!!).

Other scales are available of course.  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit