The Flying Boat, Seaplane and Amphibian G.B - Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, September 27, 2017, 07:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nighthunter

Query for the Admin, if I drew something in MS Paint a while ago, but converted it to a seaplane, would that count?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

I'll converse with my fellow mods, but I suspect not, on the grounds that you'd already done some previous work on the subject.

Watch this space.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

We're all of the same mind, if you can show that you've stripped all the colour or details of the artwork back to basics before you do the conversion we'd allow it. But we doubt you can manage this in the two days left for the GB.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Or, if you draw huge floats so they, as the new work are like 90% of the finished aircraft then wouldn't that be OK?
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on February 12, 2018, 01:20:14 AM

Or, if you draw huge floats so they, as the new work are like 90% of the finished aircraft then wouldn't that be OK?
;D

NO!

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Less than 24 hrs to go now people, and in the Antipodes the GB's only got 4 hours o go.

Well, in New Zealand anyway...........

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

0100hrs here in Adelaide, so only rickshaw has any chance of entering anything else from Aus, if he builds really quickly (about 90 minutes left for him).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Just over an hour to go on the west coast of the USA.

Hawaiian modellers have a little more time to finish..........  ;D

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Sorry, there was no realistic chance of mine being finished. Escalating problems with the build, consequent indecision as to how to proceed, other modelling projects, non-modelling problems and the usual procrastination, easy-distraction and sheer laziness all played their part... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

maxmwill

If this is a discussion thread on the flying boat, among others, I'd like to try to discuss something that may or may not yet be extant on the internet. I'm referring to a pair of designs by RJ Mitchell for Air Ministry specification R2/33, which the Sunderland was a result of. Mitchell's contribution was under Type 232. It was a gull winged 4 engine patrol recon flying boat with 4 Goshawk engines, and instead of wing mounted floats, it was to have sponsons, ala Martin Clipper, and was to be armed with a 37mmCOW gun, 3 Lewis guns, as well as accommodations for 2 450 - 500lb or 4 100-250lb bombs, plus 4 20lb bombs on each side.

This was oultlined in Ralph Pegram's "Beyond the Spitfire, the unseen designs of RJ Mitchell.

I've tried looking in the internet to no avail, so if anyone get lucky, please share.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: maxmwill on July 01, 2019, 04:14:56 PM

If this is a discussion thread on the flying boat, among others.....

It isn't, or it wasn't anyway.

It was a discussion thread for a Flying Boat and Amphibian GROUP BUILD that we ran last year.

General discussions like this should be under  'Hot Research Topics' elsewhere in the forum.

Regards
Kit