Author Topic: Squadron Models - 1/72 Haunebu II - Premium Edition Now Available!  (Read 7019 times)

Offline seadude

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Think "outside the box"!
Re: Squadron Models - 1/72 Haunebu II - January 2017
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 05:40:53 pm »
Hi there,
I build it too see my post in this forum title German on the moon

Nice work.  :thumbsup:
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,43577.msg763746.html#msg763746

The only other thing for review about this kit that bugs me is all the rivets. You just know some darn JMN at a show will start teasing about all the rivets and make any attempt to count them and/or say there are too many or not enough.  :banghead:  ;D
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
Re: Squadron Models - 1/72 Haunebu II - January 2017
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 07:22:54 am »

I have a brilliant idea of creating a large diorama. First, create a "house floor" base with linoleum or wood. Buy a realistic looking boy baby doll toy and have it set up like he is playing with a toy spinning top on the floor. Add my Haunebu kit in front of the baby and put some sort of wording on the base or elsewhere that says: "Werner, you dummkopf! You've transported us to an oversized children's toy area! Get us out of here, NOW! Schnell! MACH SCHNELL!"  ;D
Think about it. Those toy spinning tops are round and do sort of appear in the shape of a UFO. Kid plays with regular top toy, then spots the newly appeared German UFO and thinks that's a new toy top and wants to play with it. What could be more funnier?  ;D

There's an advert on UK T.V. where an alien space fleet invades Earth and when the lead ship lands and the Alien's commander steps down his ship is driven over by a UFO trackers van. The alien ships are tiny. Very funny advert  ;D

There wre a few Far Side cartoons based on a similar theme with either the aliens or the humans being tiny. My favourite one was where the Earth was an alien kid's vivarium  ;)
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Madoc

• Full scale Arrow in basement
    • My Models
Re: Squadron Models - 1/72 Haunebu II - Premium Edition Now Available!
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2017, 10:10:55 am »
Squadron has just released a "What If?" of this "What If?" - a civilian passenger carrying Haunebu!

From the Squadron website:

• Premium version consists of a resin upgrade set to convert the military version into a civilian platform that includes: very detailed top deck/observation bunker. Rear port, choice of top dome (resin or vacu-form acetate), 12 upgraded wheels, radome disc for main upper body, bottom cover discs (4) to replace kit ball turrets with choice of installing laser units or clear bulbs.
  • Haunebu kit also features beautiful decal markings to represent a civilian space-expeditionary livery. Comes with exquisite Falcon clear vacu-canopies.
  • Also includes: State of the art Instruction Manual with full color profile and painting guide, brief history of the Hannebu II also incorporated into the booklet. Packaged in a deluxe box with protective sleeve including original artwork suitable for framing.

Just imagine one of these in Pan Am or BOAC livery!
Wherever you go, there you are!

Offline elmayerle

• What-IF SIG
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 10:57:58 am »
Perhaps JAL markings?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Offline seadude

• Think "outside the box"!
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2017, 11:25:22 am »
Squadron has just released a "What If?" of this "What If?" - a civilian passenger carrying Haunebu!

From the Squadron website:

• Premium version consists of a resin upgrade set to convert the military version into a civilian platform that includes: very detailed top deck/observation bunker. Rear port, choice of top dome (resin or vacu-form acetate), 12 upgraded wheels, radome disc for main upper body, bottom cover discs (4) to replace kit ball turrets with choice of installing laser units or clear bulbs.
  • Haunebu kit also features beautiful decal markings to represent a civilian space-expeditionary livery. Comes with exquisite Falcon clear vacu-canopies.
  • Also includes: State of the art Instruction Manual with full color profile and painting guide, brief history of the Hannebu II also incorporated into the booklet. Packaged in a deluxe box with protective sleeve including original artwork suitable for framing.

Just imagine one of these in Pan Am or BOAC livery!

I already made a thread about it here.........if you would have looked.  :angry:
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,44364.0.html
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

Offline Madoc

• My Models
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2017, 04:00:15 pm »
seadude,

I already made a thread about it here.........if you would have looked.

Nope, didn't see it.  You also could've updated the existing thread about the Haunebu - if you'd looked first.   :mellow:

In any event, I hope the Squadron guys make their money on this thing as that'll encourage 'em to keep making more such interesting kits.

Offline Martin H

• Im their Leader. Which way did they go?
  • What-IF SIG
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2017, 06:23:48 pm »
oh Gould! do I realy need a 3rd one of these?

No. Not when Hannants want 99 for one!
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) TSR-2 SIG Member.
IPMS (UK) R & D SIG Member.
IPMS (UK) DC-3/C-47 SIG Member.

Offline Madoc

• My Models
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2017, 09:46:42 pm »
Martin,

Of course you do!  How else could you properly fill out that Alt-Hist Templehoff diorama you know you've always wanted to build...