Civilian Haunebu II from Squadron Models.

Started by seadude, October 05, 2017, 02:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

PR19_Kit

I can see DrawDecals coming out with alternative sheets for that, Lufthansa, Condor, Air Berlin etc. etc.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

seadude

It's a "Premium Edition" kit and only 2000 are available worldwide. So if anybody wants one, then get it fast! As for me, it's a nice kit, but I'm not overly impressed with it. I already have the previous military version with the guns and cannons and I like that version a lot better. ;)
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.

seadude

Madoc

Squadron is having another of its sales and has decided its inventory of Haunebus has lingered on their warehouse shelves for long enough.

https://www.squadron.com/Squadron-Models-1-72-Haunebu-II-Premium-Edition-p/sqm0002.htm

They were originally listing at about $100USD two years ago and now Squadron is putting 'em up for just $29.

I think it's a shame that they couldn't have gotten the original price lower as they are pretty nicely engineered and have a lot of Whif potential.

At $30USD however, they're almost a steal now.  The straight-up military version is being listed for even less - just $20.51!

https://www.squadron.com/Squadron-Models-1-72-Haunebu-II-German-Flying-Sa-p/sqm0001.htm

Squadron also seems to be trying to get their money's worth from the original moulds by coming out with an "Alien Invaders" version of the Haunebu that removes the original turrets and replaces them with "laser units" for $64

https://www.squadron.com/Alien-Invader-p/sqm0003.htm

I hope they at least manage to break even with all this as I don't want to see the company get discouraged from releasing other science fiction themed original kits.

Wherever you go, there you are!

PR19_Kit

I do like the civvie version, complete with 'conversion kit'.  ;D

I'm waiting for the PanAm, Air France and BOAC versions though......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Madoc

At these prices?  They might well be all gone before anyone gets inspired enough to do such liveries...
Wherever you go, there you are!

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

TomZ

Shipping Cost to the Netherlands: USD 55!!!!!

Probably flown in by private jet and hand delivered by 20 beautiful girls.......

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

zenrat

Same price to ship all the way to Australia.  You're being diddled...
;D

I wasn't keen on the nazi version of this because, well to be honest nazi flying saucers just seem silly.
Airlines operating them on the other hand seems eminently sensible. :lol:
I'd like a TAA or Ansett version.  Or Air America...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: TomZ on March 17, 2019, 12:47:11 AM
Shipping Cost to the Netherlands: USD 55!!!!!

Probably flown in by private jet and hand delivered by 20 beautiful girls.......

TomZ

Could just be worth it  :angel:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.