Author Topic: Zenrat's Flying Circus  (Read 188358 times)

Offline zenrat

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Currently on double secret probation.
Re: Zenrat's Flying Circus
« Reply #945 on: April 09, 2017, 03:38:19 am »
I gave them all a good hard flocking today.  Girls, boys, the dog.  I'm not choosy who I flock...
Ahem...:wacko: :-X

On a less crude topic  :o, the Wyvern is all together now.  However, I have decided it needs some missiles under its wings so there will be a slight delay while I knock some up.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose free will.

Online PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #946 on: April 09, 2017, 08:33:12 am »

On a less crude topic  :o, the Wyvern is all together now.  However, I have decided it needs some missiles under its wings so there will be a slight delay while I knock some up.

Is it going to be flocked too?  ;D
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline zenrat

« Reply #947 on: April 09, 2017, 08:03:17 pm »
I thought it was well and truely flocked when I found i'd lost the propeller parts but since I managed to rebuild them - no.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline zenrat

« Reply #948 on: April 11, 2017, 04:48:06 am »
Well the Magpie Wyvern is complete now apart from gluing in the portholes and finding a mechanical pencil to use to draw on panel lines.  I used to have a selection of them back when I did engineering drawing but I can't find them.  Or the rest of the drawing equipment.  I think I last saw it in 2003 in the Uk...
Oh, and the missiles.  I've found some Russian ones with spikey angular blades which suit the look of the thing.  Especially with its modified nose.

I painted Speed Buggy's body today.  For those who can't remember, or had a deprived childhood like me (my mother went through phases of having these strange, dangerous and radical ideas about not watching TV - she once tried to ban me from watching Bugsy Malone because of the violence) this is what Speed Buggy looks like.

Fred

Offline scooter

« Reply #949 on: April 11, 2017, 04:57:35 am »
Ah yes.  I remember Speed Buggy, Jabberjaw, Josie and the Pussycats, as well as Scooby Doo.  I swear HB's animation team reused the same figures for all four shows.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #950 on: April 11, 2017, 07:15:39 am »
Ah yes.  I remember Speed Buggy, Jabberjaw, Josie and the Pussycats, as well as Scooby Doo.  I swear HB's animation team reused the same figures for all four shows.

Well I've only ever heard of Scooby Doo but those characters look familiar, that's for sure.

Decals my @r$e!

Offline zenrat

« Reply #951 on: April 17, 2017, 04:14:15 am »
I suspect Hanna Barbara had basic templates of figures running, jumping, standing still etc onto which they overlaid the different clothing, hair and skintones.

The Magpie Wyvern is done apart from finding my mechanical pencil and drawing on some panel lines.  I glued on some of the small detail bits that go on the underside today and as luck would have it the plastic was exactly the same colour as the grey I painted the underside.
Pics soon.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:19:14 am by zenrat »
Fred

Offline zenrat

« Reply #952 on: April 18, 2017, 02:50:25 am »
I found my mechanical pencil.
Fred

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #953 on: April 18, 2017, 06:05:13 am »
A few years ago I found the old drawing set I had been given as a present back in the 60's when I expressed an interest in being a draughtsman (I was all of 13) and I don't think it was ever used  :-\ Did anyone use those ink compasses etc that were included ?
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Flyer

« Reply #954 on: April 18, 2017, 08:14:42 pm »
very nice! :thumbsup:
Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. -Robert A. Heinlein

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #955 on: April 18, 2017, 08:30:04 pm »
Yeah! I want to see this one all done up and finished. We need some Glamour Shotz (TM).

-Sprues McDuck-

Offline zenrat

« Reply #956 on: April 19, 2017, 03:13:48 am »
A few years ago I found the old drawing set I had been given as a present back in the 60's when I expressed an interest in being a draughtsman (I was all of 13) and I don't think it was ever used  :-\ Did anyone use those ink compasses etc that were included ?

I have somewhere a pair of compasses with the "bow" type ink tip.  I've never used them though.  At school we just used pencil and at Poly and at work I used a Rotring drawing pen which screwed into a ring shaped holder on the compasses.
I love using the drawing pens but they are a bugger for clogging up.

If I get the chance i'll take some pics of the Wyvern tomorrow.
Fred

Offline zenrat

« Reply #957 on: April 20, 2017, 04:59:27 am »
I pulled out my Testors boxing of the Italeri Boxcar today.
It's a combination of end opening and tray which manages to combine the worst of both box designs.  The outer has collapsed making it very hard to slide out the tray containing all the bits but when you finally manage it the tray is very flimsy and not up to the job.  It doesn't help that most of the bigger parts have fallen off/been removed from the sprues.
I was pleased to see that I have at some stage purchased an SAC white metal undercarriage set for it.
I grokked it and then sat the box under the TSR2 box to stop myself starting it until the Brawler is finished (only room for one "Big" build at a time).
Time will tell how successful that ploy is.
My plan for it is OOB but painted up as if it is the Scooby Gang's air wing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:41:37 am by zenrat »
Fred

Online PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #958 on: April 20, 2017, 05:17:23 am »
That C-119 is a BIG aircraft when it's built.  :o

I have an OOB AC-119G version, finished in USAF Viet Nam scheme obviously, and it's the heaviest model I own, and recall it needed a lot of noseweight. But there's BAGS of space for it of course. My styrene landing gear has stood the test of time however, but it does look spindly.
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline zenrat

« Reply #959 on: April 21, 2017, 05:41:03 am »
Looking at the white metal parts I was wondering if they were up to the job.
The plastic blister had separated from the card, parts had escaped and one of them got badly bent.  It straightened out OK which I suppose is one of the advantages of white metal.

I appreciate its size which is why i'm using it to work up to a Monogram Peacemaker by way of an Academy C97.  Call it a plan if you like.  Stage 1 was the Turbocat.  This is stage 2.
Fred