Author Topic: Re: Spinners' Strike Fighters Thread - AFDS F-100D's  (Read 1151847 times)

Offline SPINNERS

• Strike Fighters WHIF Master
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Spinners' Strike Fighters Thread
« Reply #825 on: June 09, 2012, 04:14:12 am »
MiG-27G 'Flogger-D' - 1st Fighter Aviation Regiment, Georgian Air Force, 1993

MiG-27G's wait to depart Alexseevka airbase for an unknown forward operating base near the Abkhazia border

I did this skin for my Republic F-7M Thunderpig (piccie below) by adapting the stock MiG-23P grey skin to fit the different shape of the MiG-27. For this Georgian 'Flogger-D' I decided to use 50% opacity roundels to give them a more lo-viz look and elected to use the Georgian Air Force Flag (not the national flag) as a fin flash instead of repeating the roundel on the fin.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:01:06 am by SPINNERS »

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #826 on: June 09, 2012, 11:45:26 am »
Sukhoi Su-47 'Berkut' - Ukraine Air Force, 2009

The Su-47 add-on for Strike Fighters comes with the predominantly black prototype scheme seen below. I decided to make a 'quick' template (still took a few hours) and had hoped to show this in my 'Aggressor Splinter' scheme but the way this model is skinned makes it nigh on impossible so I've had to settle for a plain grey.

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #827 on: June 10, 2012, 12:06:30 pm »
Can the Free Islands Republic of Kansia put in an order for six PLZ-230F Skorpions? Will you accept cash, credit or cocoanuts in payment?

PZL-230K 'Super Scorpion' - 2nd Tactical Fighter Squadron, Free Islands Republic of Kansia, 2006

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #828 on: June 11, 2012, 01:15:56 pm »
North American F-100A Super Sabre - Free Islands Republic of Kansia Air Force, 1960

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #829 on: June 12, 2012, 12:20:27 pm »
Hawker Harrier GR.1 - Europa Air Force, Iceland, 1981

Over at Combat Ace mention was made of what a European Air Force roundel would look like. This is my initial thoughts.

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #830 on: June 16, 2012, 04:49:32 am »
Northrop F-5EK - 1st Tactical Fighter Squadron, Free Islands Republic of Kansia, 1985

Last FIRKing screenshots for now ;) and this is the really sweet F-5EBR by the Mirage Factory group of modders which comes with this perfectly weathered FAB skin.

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #831 on: June 16, 2012, 08:38:08 am »
MiG-23P2K 'Flogger-G' - 62nd Fighter Aviation Regiment, Uzbekistan Air Force, 2002

Back on track with my meander around the former Soviet states. AFAIK Uzbekistan never operated the MiG-23P and the fin marking is out of me own head as I can't bring myself to put a roundel on the vertical tail of any aircraft.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:00:10 am by SPINNERS »

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #832 on: June 16, 2012, 12:09:40 pm »
Aermacchi MB-339A - Armenian Air Force, 1994

The MB-339A is an excellent add-on aircraft for Strike Fighters and includes skins for most of the operators of this shapely looking trainer that's taken quite a few export orders since it's first flight in the 1970's. This is the Dubai skin with new Armenian decals and some Soviet weapons.

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #833 on: June 17, 2012, 10:35:24 am »
Aermacchi MB-339A - HävLLv 11, Ilmavoimat, 2003

This is a Peruvian skin with Ilmavoimat markings.

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #834 on: June 18, 2012, 12:14:17 pm »
Soko G-4 Super Galeb - Belarusian Air Force, 2005

Offline SPINNERS

hmm, just musing how it would look in the standard bronze green and olive camouflage similar to the Hawks as delivered  :thumbsup:

cheers, joe

Best I can do by using the Ghanaian (top) and Argentinian (bottom) skins.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:51:53 pm by SPINNERS »

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #836 on: June 22, 2012, 12:29:34 pm »
Lockheed/IAI RF-104I Starfighter - 119 Squadron, Heyl Ha'Avir, 1967

Italian modder and Starfighter fan 'Spillone104' has cleverly created this RF-104G 'LOROP' recce zipper (as operated by Taiwan in the real world) by grafting on the longer glazed nose to the stock F-104G. I've put it into Israeli service in 1967 using the decals created for my F-104I 'Kohav'.

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #837 on: June 23, 2012, 01:46:16 am »
Mikoyan MiG-23S - 1 Grupo Caza-Bombardero, Fuerza Aerea Argentina, 1977

The Argentine coup d'état of March 1976 which saw Jorge Rafael Videla depose the largely unpopular and ineffectual presidency of Isabel Perón soon attracted the attention of senior Kremlin officials who were ever eager to seek opportunities to destabilise South America by fair means or foul. They quickly gifted the new Military Junta of Argentina 40 ex-VVS MiG-23S fighters with deliveries commencing in July 1976. The MiG-23's entered service with 1 Grupo Caza-Bombardero in August 1976 and saw action in the 1982 Falklands conflict but at least eight were shot down by Royal Navy Sea Harriers with only one confirmed victory against an RAF Harrier GR.3 over Goose Green. When Argentina returned to constitutional rule in late 1983 the incoming president Raúl Alfonsín instructed the Argentine Air Force commander, Teodoro Waldner, to offer the Mig-23's back to the Soviet Union free of charge in a move designed to send a message back to the Kremlin that Argentina was moving in a different and democratic direction. The aircraft languished in outdoor storage at Villa Reynolds Military Air Base for several years before being scrapped.

If you think this Flogger looks a little bit different it's because it's the very early (almost pre-production) MiG-23S with simpler (smaller) wings, a different nose and a vertical tail moved substantially forward compared to the main production variants. The MiG-23S is a mod by lindr2 who is real MiG-23 afficionado and has modded the available 3D models to produce virtually every single sub-variant.

FFI http://combatace.com/files/file/9698-mig-23s/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:44:54 am by SPINNERS »

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #838 on: June 23, 2012, 05:26:16 am »
Dassault Mirage M50 'Pantera' - Turkmenistan Air Force, 2007

Very similar to the Cheetah and RF-104G 'LOROP' in so much that additional parts have been added to an existing 3D model in very much the same way as we would add parts to a plastic model. This by the Banidos Team who cover the South American Mirages and I've added Turkmenistan markings (including a highly fictional nosebar) to their Chilean skin.

Offline SPINNERS

« Reply #839 on: June 23, 2012, 08:45:53 am »
Aeritalia (Fiat) G.91R-4 'Gina' - Kenya Air Force, 1985

A nice skin by 'ndicki' for a fictional Rhodesian Air Force 'Gina' is perfect for an equally fictional Kenyan aircraft! I've seen a few variations on the fin flash but have stuck with my own decal for now. If anyone has a definite guide to what was used and when then post here.