Main Menu

Visit to Pima

Started by Leading Observer, November 23, 2022, 02:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leading Observer

Just been out to Arizona to visit my son and his girlfriend and took the opportunity to visit Pima Air & Space:

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

A GREEN Gnat trainer?  :o

Great pics, it looks a bit warm there............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Nice. Love the TF-102, and the Harrier.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Leading Observer

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 23, 2022, 06:47:46 PMNice. Love the TF-102, and the Harrier.

That Harrier is actually a Kestrel. I can't recall having seen one before, but the same could be said of a lot of the stuff on shjow
LO

NARSES2

Now you are either very, very tall or the B-36 isn't anywhere near as tall as I thought it was  ;D I bet it was rather hot to the touch ?  ;)

Great photos, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Can't be many more Peacemakers still extant.
Airfix should get out there with their LIDAR and scan it for a new 1/72 kit...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Leading Observer

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 24, 2022, 12:00:20 AMNow you are either very, very tall or the B-36 isn't anywhere near as tall as I thought it was  ;D I bet it was rather hot to the touch ?  ;)

For scale, I'm 5 ft 7in. It was early in the day and had been fairly cold [for Arizona] overnight, so it was still cool [and I'm standing on the side in the shade :mellow:
LO

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 24, 2022, 12:00:20 AMNow you are either very, very tall or the B-36 isn't anywhere near as tall as I thought it was  ;D

A B-36 IS tall to the top of the fuselage, but it sits low to the ground. You can't stand underneath one unless the bomb bay doors are open and your head is inside, otherwise you get a BIG bump on your head! :(

Don't ask me how I know this............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kerick

I haven't been down that way in a loooong time. Last time I was there it was a bunch of guys who worked across the road at the boneyard and when they had something one of a kind or the last of something they would buy it for scrap price and tow it across the road to the museum. Saved a lot of stuff that way.
Great pics and I'm insanely jealous of your experience and being out of the cold!
Are you sure that Gnat isn't Russian? It's got green wheels......
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on November 24, 2022, 08:08:35 PMAre you sure that Gnat isn't Russian? It's got green wheels......

It's got green EVERYthing!  :o

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Faded from Blue after being used in 'Hot Shots' and parked in the sun ever since?
(Can't see whether it has 'The Navy' on the side)

Strike that, not with Roundels and a Brit registration on the side...

PR19_Kit

Perhaps it was a colour blind painter's idea of a 'Red Arrows' scheme?  ;D

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

NARSES2

Quote from: Leading Observer on November 24, 2022, 03:49:00 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 24, 2022, 12:00:20 AMNow you are either very, very tall or the B-36 isn't anywhere near as tall as I thought it was  ;D I bet it was rather hot to the touch ?  ;)

For scale, I'm 5 ft 7in. It was early in the day and had been fairly cold [for Arizona] overnight, so it was still cool [and I'm standing on the side in the shade :mellow:

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Every time I see a B-36 I think of Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.