Main Menu

Visit to Pima

Started by Leading Observer, November 23, 2022, 02:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 25, 2022, 02:03:41 AMEvery time I see a B-36 I think of Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson  ;D

You and me both!  ;D

It was on TV a couple of days ago, wonderful stuff.  :thumbsup:

Jimmy Stewart's classic line concerning the likelihood of a KC-97 catching fire because of the General smoking while standing alongside it :-

'It wouldn't DARE!'   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 25, 2022, 02:40:02 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 25, 2022, 02:03:41 AMEvery time I see a B-36 I think of Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson  ;D

You and me both!  ;D

Jimmy Stewart's classic line concerning the likelihood of a KC-97 catching fire because of the General smoking while standing alongside it :-

'It wouldn't DARE!'   ;D

Classic!  :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Leading Observer

Quote from: rickshaw on November 25, 2022, 03:04:03 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 25, 2022, 02:40:02 AM

You and me both!  ;D

'It wouldn't DARE!'   ;D

Classic!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up - I've been trying to see Strategic Air Command for years and kept missing it! Found it on Film4 so that's my afternoon sorted :mellow:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

zenrat

I've been trying to find a decent version to download without much luck.  I might have to actually pay for a copy! :o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That drone of the B-36's engines will stay with you for ever.  ;D

I feel so lucky that I saw and heard them for real when they were based at Brize Norton in the 50s Talk about 'Magnesium Overcast., that's JUST what it looked like as they were on long finals over our house in West Oxford.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Quote from: Leading Observer on November 23, 2022, 11:01:00 PMThat Harrier is actually a Kestrel.

Pima likely has the most complete "Harrier" collection anywhere. Kestrel, TAV-8A, AV-8C, GR.3, GR.5 and a Sea Harrier.  Impressive
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Gondor

Quote from: sandiego89 on December 01, 2022, 05:59:04 PM
Quote from: Leading Observer on November 23, 2022, 11:01:00 PMThat Harrier is actually a Kestrel.

Pima likely has the most complete "Harrier" collection anywhere. Kestrel, TAV-8A, AV-8C, GR.3, GR.5 and a Sea Harrier.  Impressive

If they have an AV-8C and someone from here visits I have some photo requests for that version of the Harrier. The area around where the forward Air Dam is located has some details that everyone misses from their builds of the aircraft, hinge points and other lumps and bumps around that area specifically. None of the on-line walk around sites I have found cover everything and its very unlikely that I would be able to get there myself unless I win the lottery.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sandiego89

Quote from: Gondor on December 02, 2022, 12:13:17 AM
Quote from: sandiego89 on December 01, 2022, 05:59:04 PM

If they have an AV-8C and someone from here visits I have some photo requests for that version of the Harrier. The area around where the forward Air Dam is located has some details that everyone misses from their builds of the aircraft, hinge points and other lumps and bumps around that area specifically. None of the on-line walk around sites I have found cover everything and its very unlikely that I would be able to get there myself unless I win the lottery.

Gondor

I might make it by the AV8C in Havelock North Carolina next month, will try to snap some pics. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Gondor

Quote from: sandiego89 on December 02, 2022, 01:08:40 PMI might make it by the AV8C in Havelock North Carolina next month, will try to snap some pics. 

That would be wonderful if you could  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....