MPC Daytona Transport Support Truck with photos finished

Started by McColm, October 15, 2022, 03:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

At first I thought that I had the 1/24 AMT Dodge Deora concept van/truck kit. I've seen photos on Google and the van looks solid but the kit has the cabin separate from the rear with a coupler similar to that found with a lorry with a trailer. As this fits in with the rules of the Group Build I too will have a truck and trailer.
I'm not too sure if I have all the parts, I don't have any instructions but how hard can it be?
Erm, I have watched a video on the build on YouTube and it seems to me as it's a different kit manufacturer where the bodyshell is one piece. Well at least I know how to assemble the front end.

PR19_Kit

I've got a Deora kit in The Loft and could scan the instructions for you if you like?

IIRC the body is in one piece so something seems to have happened to yours. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 16, 2022, 05:06:00 AMI've got a Deora kit in The Loft and could scan the instructions for you if you like?

IIRC the body is in one piece so something seems to have happened to yours. :(
On second thoughts my kit might not be the Dodge Deora as the headlamps aren't the same.

Old Wombat

Now you have the joy of investigating which kit it actually is! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

The PDF instructions for the Deora are on Scalemates: https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/1/0/2/963102-85-instructions.pdf

It looks like you have the parts for the "Vantasy Custom Camper":

As well as some random kit part, but not the body.  The long clear part looks like the bubble top camper option.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

McColm

As you can see the headlamps are completely different to the Deora.
I now have trawl through the pages of 'my stash grew again ' to find the match or it could be in my blog posts.

McColm

My intention is to lengthen the cab and add rear wheels so that the coupling is mounted further back to allow the trailer to turn freely just like a rig.

PR19_Kit

Ahah, that's starting to ring bells now.

Originally the kit came with a rather swoopy sports-racing car on the trailer, and the clear bubble was supposed to protect it. Darned if I can recall what it was called though, perhaps Fred Zenrat knows?

Regards
Kit

McColm

The closest thing that I can find are two Real World builds.

I will be taking styling cues from both of these designs.

zenrat

I think it's a 1/25 MPC Transport Truck - a model truck AND a display case.  Also released in combination with the Ramchargers Front Engine Dragster kit.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Quote from: zenrat on October 17, 2022, 04:21:21 AMI think it's a 1/25 MPC Transport Truck - a model truck AND a display case.  Also released in combination with the Ramchargers Front Engine Dragster kit.

Thanks, that's it!

kitbasher

Looks a cool cab, Steven!  Have you tried Scalemates for a downloadable set of instructions?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

McColm

I don't need to lengthen the cab as the box the kit would have came in has a picture of hydraulic rams underneath the trailer which allows it to turn.
I will be adding some lumps and bumps as this is military vehicle, the blue plastic will be kept on the cab ,the steering wheel might change depends if I break it. The wheels might change, I do have a donor vehicle that I can use for parts. Plus the spares.

McColm

Quote from: kitbasher on October 17, 2022, 06:41:58 AMLooks a cool cab, Steven!  Have you tried Scalemates for a downloadable set of instructions?
Yes I did, I'll check again as I didn't see any. I couldn't find any instructions but there's plenty of finished builds that I can use for references but none have a exhaust stack or any exhaust pipes on them even though they have detailed the engine and cab interior.