F-16C² or worse (finished page 1)

Started by Tophe, June 26, 2020, 03:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I have ordered one more F-16 Fighting Falcon 1/144th: the Revell one with 2 fins (to chose one from, normally). My project is to build a very short model with box-tail (like TT-tail). I will remove the air intake under the fuselage for sure, but I don't know yet if this will be a glider (GF-16C²) or crazier: an asymmetric jetplane with jet on the port wingtip (AF-16C²). ;D ;)
I have been informed by the mail post that the parcel should arrive today, but it is not here yet.  :-\ :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

A carton box arrived in my mailbox, but my wife's decontamination process will make it available tomorrow only... ;)

Tophe

I have opened the carton box received yesterday, and... it is not at all the F-16 Revell that I ordered first, but the F-104 I ordered 2 weeks later...

Tophe

Today, coming back from holidays in the mountain, I found the Revell F-16C 1/144th in my mailbox, I will make a photograph tomorrow, and maybe start the build immediately, we will see. (And I will check the new threads on this forum, including a promising P-388 pusher it seems...).

Tophe

Here is the kit content:

There are 2 fins (good! as expected! for the scheduled box tail.
But there are also 4 tailplanes (I had forgotten, as I already built this kit) and either this will be a canard 3-surface or else: a complicated tail (box + external at mid height)... :unsure: :-\ ;)

nighthunter

You know what to do with the parts you don't want, my friend, lol
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Tophe

Yes, and I think you have not received (yet) also the Chinese weapons from https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47877.0
They will be sent next month. ;)

nighthunter

Quote from: Tophe on July 17, 2020, 07:18:01 AM
Yes, and I think you have not received (yet) also the Chinese weapons from https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=47877.0
They will be sent next month. ;)
No worries
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Tophe

Among the 109 parts, I planned to use less than 15... <_<

The second jet nozzle seems interesting too, and I plan to make it a twin-engined F-16, maybe at wing-tips to be different from the F-16L at Grand Theft Auto. (And the extra tailplanes could be winglets on the jets).

Then building started immediately: <_<

Tophe

The TeF-16C² (twin-engined F-16C²) is taking shape (the jets are not glued yet): <_<

Tophe

Building the TeF-16C² is now finished: <_<

(this is not a "normal" F-16, sorry) :unsure: :-\ ;) ;D

ericr

incredible, as usual with your imagination  ;D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Oh, I do like that Tophe  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks a lot!

Yesterday evening I painted the underside, but I was ashamed to show it (so imperfect, never to be seen again):  :unsure:

Now I have painted the side above: <_<

Tophe

The TeF-16C² model is now finished! <_<

On a more horizontal view appear the air intakes and is featured the box tail: <_<

A low profile view shows the wheel I have been forced to use to keep a balance: <_<

And here are the 4 normal oblique views: <_<