MiG-811 (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, May 21, 2020, 11:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

I have ordered then received the Trumpeter 1/144 kit of PLAAF F-8 II twin-jet supersonic fighter, the Wikipedia corresponding article speaking of Shenyang J-8 II : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenyang_J-8
So... F or J? Mine could have been coded MiG-8 II (as the wings are from a MiG-21 and the rest from a MiG-23 it seems), but this sound too old like before the MiG-15, so I considered MiG-88 or MiG-81, but as this is different from the J-8 I, I choose MiG-811.
In the civilian Tophe Air Team it twill be very shortened with T-tail, as I did with the Mirage F.1 (not finished yet).

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here is the project of mine: <_<

Tophe

The project from front (with a low little wing and T-tail): <_<

Tophe

The first drops of glue start the plastic way, but this is not what-if yet: :unsure: :-\ ;)

Tophe

As (on the normal J/F-8 II) there are two parts of fin (one big above, one small below) I consider maybe building a twin-boomer (with sprues as booms). Which would be better? "A" a little asymmetric or "B" more asymmetric? :unsure: ;D

EDIT: According to Google Translate, "twin-boom" ("bipoutre" in French, masculine) is "dvukhbalochniy" (or the feminine "dvukhbalochnaya") in Russian and "shuāng liáng" in Chinese.

Tophe

Now I have cut away the wings to move them a lot forward, but I still have not decided what I will build: shape A or B (above)? :unsure:

JayBee

I would say shape A, but knowing you Tophe it is more likely to be B (or an even more altered version).  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Tophe

Thanks!

Moving the wing forward shows the acute need of truncating the tail away: :unsure: :-\ <_<

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on May 27, 2020, 12:02:25 PM
Thanks!

Moving the wing forward shows the acute need of truncating the tail away: :unsure: :-\ <_<

My first reaction,  on seeing the picture, was "Now, that is unusual!  :)  "  Then I read you're planning to chop it.

:unsure:

Say, Tophe - may I ask, do you listen to music as you build, and if so, what? 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

Sorry I have truncated the tail (then glued the nozzles, PSR to perform) <_<

My craziness does not come from the outside (music?) but from the inside (I say dream, doctors say mental illness)...
My favorite singers are the gentle Don Williams ("I would like to see you again") and the tear-jerking Mickey Newbury ('the future's not what it used to be"), better than music from my country France.

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on May 28, 2020, 05:36:49 AM
Sorry I have truncated the tail (then glued the nozzles, PSR to perform) <_<
<snip>
My craziness does not come from the outside (music?) but from the inside (I say dream, doctors say mental illness)...
My favorite singers are the gentle Don Williams ("I would like to see you again") and the tear-jerking Mickey Newbury ('the future's not what it used to be"), better than music from my country France.

LOL  My craziness is aided and abetted by my music choices, which range from Abba to ZZTop by way of Arlo Guthrie, Alizee, BoneyM, Caro Emerald, Chase, John Denver, Imagine Dragopns, Alan Parsons Project, Smokie, Middle of the Road, Status Quo, Cat Stevens, Sugarloaf, The Troggs, Andreas Vollenweider, Yes, Rimsky-Korsakov, Gaelic Storm, Albannach, the Whistlebinkies, Lee Jung Hyung (Korean Techno), and Teresa Teng.  I'm in the middle of Boney M just now ...

I came to the realization, some years ago, that music transcends language, and I mostly listen to the harmonies instead of trying to figure out the lyrics (I'm partially deaf).  That realized, I try to fill my CD collection with works from around the globe.  For instance, there's a very talented bagpiper in Spain - Hevia.  Who knew? Not me, until I widened my musical horizons.   :)  (Hence, Alizee - but also 12 Girl Band.)

Sorry to hijack your thread.

You seem to be on a trend for short delta-wings.  :)  I like it!  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

63cpe

Yeah, making good effort!

Go on!

David aka 63cpe

Tophe

Thanks! I have added putty but not taken a photograph of it yet, just drawing the expected final profile: &lt;_&lt;

Tophe

After the first sanding, and with a few drops of glue: &lt;_&lt;

Tophe

Building the little MiG-811 (1/144) is finished: &lt;_&lt;

Next step will be painting (light blue, with black window/eye).