Straightening bananas

Started by loupgarou, March 19, 2019, 12:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

FIRST: the compulsory date shot (I hope the newspaper date is readable)

Having, i don't know why, 2 H-21 from Hobbycraft, I decided to do something useful with one of them, giving it a more logical and rational shape.
I have to say that the parts fit is NOT the best, and, as always, I made an error. Should have glued front and rear parts of ONE side on a flat surface. It would have been much easier checking for alignment.Anyway this is the start of the glorious Flying Cucumber.

1) YES; I know I will have to raise the rear rotor.
2) I hope my mojo will not desert me
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kerick

I have one of these in the stash. I always imagined building some sort of space pod type of thing. I'll be watching with great interest.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: kerick on March 19, 2019, 01:39:56 PM
I have one of these in the stash. I always imagined building some sort of space pod type of thing. I'll be watching with great interest.

I've seen two of these used in a U-shaped spaceship some time ago. The donors were hard to recognize, looked rather outlandish!

loupgarou

My build is slowly advancing, I prefer to leave ample time for glue or putty to dry before touching anything.
Here is the situation, rotors just posed on top:

Hmmm. One of the f°*# blades is distorted. Will have to do something about it.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Rick Lowe

...Or not; if you bend them all, you can replicate rotor droop.

Though whether the real ones did, in fact, droop, I don't know.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 24, 2019, 02:57:59 AM

Though whether the real ones did, in fact, droop, I don't know.

They did, a bit anyway.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Are you all trying to give me a guilt feeling?
I havn't moved this build for a long time.
Yes, I know that blades drop, problem is that one of mine has a somewhat S shaped drop.  :banghead:
Anyway, I HAD done a little work, then forgot to post it.
The pilot seats are a bucket type, like ones for a pilot wearing a seat parachute. So I added just a little detail and had to create some cushions for the seats. All the photos I found on internet where I could see the seats (US, french, german, japanese) had red cushions.  :o

p.s. I was thinking that everywhere the H-21 was called Flying Banana, maybe instead was only in France: "mais il est plus connu sous le nom de « banane volante » (« Flying banana »),"
So this one will be a "Courgette volante" ("Flying Zucchini") or a " Cornichon volant" ("Flying Gherkin")

Rick Lowe

Quote from: loupgarou on May 24, 2019, 04:55:37 PM

p.s. I was thinking that everywhere the H-21 was called Flying Banana, maybe instead was only in France: "mais il est plus connu sous le nom de « banane volante » (« Flying banana »),"
So this one will be a "Courgette volante" ("Flying Zucchini") or a " Cornichon volant" ("Flying Gherkin")

No, just suggesting a way to make the droop work for you.  <_<

And yeah, "Flying Zucchini" works for me.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Yes  :angel:

No seriously, we are just interested  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Well,  you had me started again on this project, that had been put aside. I am glueing parts and hope to paint it today (if 5 years old Maskol still works)  :rolleyes:

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 24, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

No, just suggesting a way to make the droop work for you.  <_<

And yeah, "Flying Zucchini" works for me.  :thumbsup:

AKA flying Courgette in the UK.   ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Do britons use a french word??  :o

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on May 25, 2019, 08:30:53 AM

Yes. Shocking isn't it!   ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on May 25, 2019, 08:30:53 AM

We use lots of French words  ;D English in the main is a concoction made up from lots of other languages, ranging from French to Hindi. I did see/read somewhere a long time ago the total number of words in the English language that were English and not imported and it is a very low percentage.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

According to google translate, it's called zucchini and that's italian. So, whatever word, it looks like there weren't courgettes/zucchini in UK before historical times.  :o