Straightening bananas

Started by loupgarou, March 19, 2019, 12:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

My Flying Zucchini is nearly complete. I even hope to have it finished by the "Best before..." date.

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

But which one's the model? :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

So which FS number shade of green is that?
Dark for the upper surfaces and lighter for the underside??
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Nice, but you need to pre-shade your veg if you want to get anywhere in todays competitions...
;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Managed to complete my Flying Zucchini in time for the ORIGINAL "Best before..." date. ;D

France had obtained a certain number of Piasecki H-21 in the early fifties. They were much used in Algeria both as assault troop transports, and as gunships.
After the first tests, France obtained a license to produce them , in the SNCASO (Societé Nationale de Constructions Aeronautiques du Sud-Ouest) group of industries. The shape and arrangement of the H-21 didn't appear practical to the french technicians, so they developed a special version, much simplified, that was called H-21F.
The helicopters were property of the Navy (painted in dark blue) and the Air Force (natural metal). But soon in Algeria they were given in charge to the ALAT (Aviation Legère de l'Armée de Terre) as a close cooperation with ground troops was obviously necessary. ALAT repainted the copters in olive drab, and armed some of them. The most common gun used was the german 20 mm MG 151/20, as the french army had found a considerable stock.

My model (Hobbycraft) is quite clean, just repainte by ALAT workshops. A side door has been cut down for the gun position, but the gun has not yet been installed. (I had built a photo-etch Oerlikon long ago, but I cannot find it at the moment  :rolleyes:)
The red codes are fom 30 years old Letraset, and the roundels from a famous french detail parts brand: Boite à Rabiot.
I had to rob the stencils from the Italeri kit, so many of them  :banghead:  till I got tired of it.

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Yes, that really works, and I love the backstory.  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 31, 2019, 02:51:29 PM
Yes, that really works, and I love the backstory.  :thumbsup: ;D

Well, most of the backstory is true.  <_<

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Ha!!! I love it.....  straightened that sucker right on out.  ;D     Very good!
-Sprues McDuck-