DONE @p.4 +++ 1:72 РТАК-30 vintoplan (NATO: Hemlock), "33 Yellow", 1987

Started by Dizzyfugu, March 03, 2019, 12:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Painting has started! Still fighting with the modified landing gear, though. The beast looks a bit stalky now, but it's O.K..

loupgarou

Very promising! If, like in your last photo, the engine pods could be moved independently, it would offer some "interesting" maneuverability.  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kerick

I wonder if the MV-22 does that now? I doubt it but I really have no idea. Might be quite a digital fly by wire issue.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kerick

That first pic was very interesting with the bit of blue showing on the tail! Quite a remarkable beastie.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

That's camouflaged so well it's difficult to actually SEE it!  :o :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 24, 2019, 02:59:08 AM

It's because Dizzy has camouflaged also his workbench!  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 24, 2019, 02:59:08 AM

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

It's got a fascinating look about it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Well, the paint scheme is based on a real MiG-21 from the late Eighties. Quite amazing how effective these Soviet four-tone schemes are, it really breaks up the vehicle's outlines and makes details hard to recognize.

Not much new to show at the moment, though. Did some post-shading on the model and spent most time of the weekend with the ordnance and the propellers. Esp. all the missiles that will hang under the thing take lots of time. Decals come next.

An attack vintoplan - WiP
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Dizzyfugu

Decal session finished, and the ordnance/prop ordeal also comes to a close, finally...  :-\

With Soviet markings the Vintoplan looks convincing, I just have to do some more detail work, then I can coat it with varnish.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

Finishing touches on the way, and (naturally... :banghead:) disaster struck when one of the pins that hold the nacelles came off... Had to improvise a prothesis, and it seems to work. Today is final assembly - esp. the dozen missiles under the front wings makes me nervous.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....