My Stash Grew Again 2019

Started by Howard of Effingham, December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

Actually bought this yesterday afternoon but hey there was alcohol involved I think....

1/72 Airfix EE Lightning F.6

Happy Whiffing for 2019 everyone!  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Spey_Phantom

first new addition of the year, a gift from my brother in law  :mellow:

-Revell 1/72 F-16AM "100 years 1 SQN Belgian AF"
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Late chrissie presents.  Both 1/24 Revell.
4 1/2 litre blower Bentley.
Volkswagen T1 Kastenwagen.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 31, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Actually bought this yesterday afternoon but hey there was alcohol involved I think....

1/72 Airfix EE Lightning F.6

Alcohol doesn't need to be involved when buying Lightning kits, they just NEED to be bought.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

needless to say I have a Lightning plan, and of course its wiffed!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on January 01, 2019, 02:13:05 AM

The Heller Bentley is a surprisingly good kit - built one as a present late last year. The experience was less traumatic than expected!

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 02, 2019, 06:09:55 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 01, 2019, 02:13:05 AM

The Heller Bentley is a surprisingly good kit - built one as a present late last year. The experience was less traumatic than expected!

I've examined one built up by one of the other Model Car Club members and they can be made to look very good.  Only thing i'm thinking of changing is the wheels for some with finer spokes.

Today I received, from Evil-Bay, "German Leader and Blondi the Dog", "German Waffen SS soldier" and "Erwin Rommel".
20190103_170626 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on January 03, 2019, 01:55:41 AM
Today I received, from Evil-Bay, "German Leader and Blondi the Dog", "German Waffen SS soldier" and "Erwin Rommel".
20190103_170626 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Naughty. Very naughty. Might get some for myself!  :lol:

I had to do some grocery shopping in Aldi yesterday in readiness for returning to work. Somehow an Airfix P-51D Mustang found its way into my basket. Can't imagine how that happened?!  :unsure:  :lol:

Weaver

From Ebay: Monogram Willy Ley Space Taxi. 1996 re-release (without the horrid chromed cages).  :wub: :wub:  :wub:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

chrisonord

First kits of the year, two planet models HS P 87's. They are a lot smaller than I expected, but will do the same job as intended. Close support and C.O.I.N. duties.
Also a book just come through the letter box, British secret projects, jet fighters since 1950.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

strobez

I feel left out. I haven't bought any new kits all year! I need to get on that...
Thanks!

Greg

Rick Lowe

Quote from: strobez on January 04, 2019, 04:57:57 PM
I feel left out. I haven't bought any new kits all year! I need to get on that...

Yeah, I mean come on, man - the year's 5 days old already! ;D

Captain Canada

I've received 4 new kits so far this year. 1 from Ebay and the other 3 from West Coast Hobby. All 72nd scale.

ACE AF-2W Guardian

From West Coast

Special Hobby Delta Mk.II/III RCAF. I am either going to build her on skis or floats. I can't believe how small this a/c is ? Is the scale right ?

Sword SO3C Seamew. Another a/c a lot smaller than I thought it was. I'd like to give it a merlin.

Sword TBM-3W Guppy Kon. Marine/ Aeronavale. This one looks just right to me lol

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Won an auction on ev!lbay: a Hasegawa 1:72 VF-0A/S from the Macross anime universe, which comes, as a bonus, with an unmanned drone on its back.
I feel inclined to de-transform it and create a more exciting/pleasing successor for the F-18 from it than the F-35, in USN low-viz colors and markings. The Ghost drone will certainly find another use, maybe with a cockpit and in 1:100?

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 04, 2019, 07:03:33 PM
...Special Hobby Delta Mk.II/III RCAF. I am either going to build her on skis or floats. I can't believe how small this a/c is ? Is the scale right ?...

I've got the RAAF version.  I was looking at it thisarvo.  It looks right to me.
I'm thinking Flying Doctor.
Fred