Author Topic: My Stash Grew Again 2020  (Read 34488 times)

Offline Dizzyfugu

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
    • Lots of works in my FlickR gallery
Re: My Stash Grew Again 2020
« Reply #1485 on: October 19, 2020, 12:07:35 am »
A SMER 1:72 Curtiss SC-1 Seahawk, with the intention to build it OOB but in RN colors.

PS: Yay, I broke the 100 pages barrier with this post!  :lol:

Offline Old Wombat

• Armour: The Gods of War love it!
« Reply #1486 on: October 19, 2020, 02:41:42 am »
Bravo, Dizzy! :bow: :party:

This lot arrived today:

1 x Hasegawa Models 1/35 Hitachi Astaco NEO Double Arm Working Machine (HA 54004) - I have a PLAN for this!
1 x Armory Production 1/48 British Interwar Aircraft Carrier Fighter Fairey "Flycatcher" Early Production (AR 48001) - to be early RAN FAA aircraft
1 x HobbyBoss Models 1/35 Vickers Medium Tank Mk.II (HB 83880) - to be early RAM Armoured Regiment
1 x QuickBoost 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk. XIV Propeller w/tool for Academy kit (QB48194) - I hope I have a plan for this

I must say the NEO Double Arm looks very, very good in the box. :D

The same can be said for the Flycatcher, with the caveat that it is a limited run kit & has the typical short-run issues (most notable being more flash than regular kits & lack of positive positioning lugs). It does, however, have what seems to be a beautifully cast (but with flash) little resin engine & an appropriately small sheet of PE. Oh, & nice transfers/decals!

The Vickers Medium is going to be a nightmare to build! :blink: Lots & lots of little parts, many of which go together to make lots of only slightly bigger parts; the idler wheel & tensioning system for each side consists of 6 parts, two of which are thin rods that pass through the ends of the axle, & it's individual tracks, with each track link being 2 parts, but, supposedly, the links just click together (I'll believe that when it works). :banghead:

Cheers! :cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1487 on: October 19, 2020, 06:13:06 am »

The Vickers Medium is going to be a nightmare to build! :blink: Lots & lots of little parts, many of which go together to make lots of only slightly bigger parts; the idler wheel & tensioning system for each side consists of 6 parts, two of which are thin rods that pass through the ends of the axle, & it's individual tracks, with each track link being 2 parts, but, supposedly, the links just click together (I'll believe that when it works). :banghead:

Guy

Shame, looks like I'll have to pass  :-\
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Gondor

• What-IF SIG
  • Builds Slower Than A Glacier Moves
« Reply #1488 on: October 19, 2020, 10:07:13 am »
Received another eBay purchase today

1/72 Modeldecal set 49:  Mainly Sea King HAS.1/2''s and some other stuff I am not so interested in

Gondor

*Later I found out I already had this set, will be used for whiffs then*
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 07:26:05 am by Gondor »
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #1489 on: October 19, 2020, 08:47:14 pm »
Speaking of potential T-Birds, would the B-47 qualify? It had to be able to do a half loop in order to practice "toss" bombing, after all ;)

Hell yeah it qualifies!!!   ;D

It would look excellent, as well.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Nils

• Belgium's "Iceman"
  • Execute in scale 144!
« Reply #1490 on: October 20, 2020, 03:16:28 am »
just placed what might be my last online order for this year (hobbybudget cuts).

-Airfix 1/72 Gloster Gladiator Mk.I
-Airfix 1/72 HS.125 Dominie
-AFV Club 1/144 SH-3D Sea Kings
-Mistercraft 1/72 Fouga Magister
-Zvezda 1/144 Lagg-3 fighter
-Zvezda 1/144 Polikarpov I-16
-Zvezda 1/144 Polikarpov Po-2

arrived today  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Offline chrisonord

• DIDN'T READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY
  • Paint it gloss??......HOW DARE YOU!!!
« Reply #1491 on: Today at 03:47:31 am »
Just snaffled a high planes 1/72nd scale  RB-57 D of someone  on Facebook.  Not a clue how good or bad the kit is so a bit of a gamble for me. I have one other high planes kit and that is of a Pantera and not attempted it as yet. Has anyone here  built  this kit?
Cheers
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #1492 on: Today at 04:39:43 am »
An Eduard Sikorsky S-43 'Baby Clipper' amphibian kit arrived from ebay today! GREAT joy, as I didn't even know there WAS a kit of the S-43 until 2-3 days ago.

It is the same Sword kit as was mentioned here a short while back (It says so on the box...) but comes with all the extras, a PE fret, window masks, resin engines, seats and other goodies too. Plus a decal sheet that covers nine different USN JRS-1 versions. The kit also includes a book on the real aeroplane as well!

I already have a Whiffed scheme in place for it as I 'flew' one of these when I was serious flight simming some years ago, and the virtual airline I flew with had on charge, almost always flown by me!  ;D

Total RESULT!  ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline nighthunter

• "Maybe I like that I'm Not Alright."
« Reply #1493 on: Today at 06:17:38 am »
Arrived recently:

1/12 Bandai Star Wars R2-D2 and R5-D4, to be whiffed into R3-DU "Deuce" and R5-C4 "Boomer"

1/72 Avia B-534 as an Austrian Air Force kite
1/144 Minicraft Dassault Mirage F1
1/72 Toko(Roden) Sopwith Snipe probably whiff it as an IAC kite
(place holder as I forgot what the kit is and am going from memory at the moment)
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
« Reply #1494 on: Today at 07:30:25 am »
Just snaffled a high planes 1/72nd scale  RB-57 D of someone  on Facebook.  Not a clue how good or bad the kit is so a bit of a gamble for me. I have one other high planes kit and that is of a Pantera and not attempted it as yet. Has anyone here  built  this kit?
Cheers
Chris

I've got one of those too, High Planes kits are not 'shake & bake' kits Chris, but they're renown for accuracy and turn out very nice when finished. I've got quite a few of them, built and waiting to be built.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline chrisonord

« Reply #1495 on: Today at 07:34:19 am »
Cheers
Chris

I've got one of those too, High Planes kits are not 'shake & bake' kits Chris, but they're renown for accuracy and turn out very nice when finished. I've got quite a few of them, built and waiting to be built.
Thankyou Robert,
I was hoping that it  wouldn't be too much of a  fiddle to  build.  Now it's  getting cold again  I will  struggle with  challenging kits. Mine will be an  RAF  PR version.
Cheers
Chris

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
« Reply #1496 on: Today at 07:37:36 am »
Cheers
Chris

Thankyou Robert,
I was hoping that it  wouldn't be too much of a  fiddle to  build.  Now it's  getting cold again  I will  struggle with  challenging kits. Mine will be an  RAF  PR version.
Cheers
Chris

Mostly, it's to do with the huge sprue gates Chris, you need to be careful when detaching the parts from the sprue, I suggest a razor saw because side cutters tend to take a chunk out of the part too. But once those are cleaned up, the parts fit together quite well, oh! there's no line up pins either --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline chrisonord

« Reply #1497 on: Today at 08:17:27 am »
Cheers  Robert,
I am getting used to the lack of alignment pins after building special hobby and  valom kits as well as my current  project, an Olimp T.188.
Cheers
Chris

Offline AeroplaneDriver

• Not licensed to do this sort of thing
  • What-IF SIG
  • Busy repainting the Jetstream in Red Arrows colors
« Reply #1498 on: Today at 08:59:21 am »
From Internet Hobbies, Trumpeter 1/48 NASA T-38C and Hasegawa 1/48 F-104G.  What's a bit troubling is that the confirmation and deliver emails indicated the full order had shipped but the Airfix 1/48 Lynx I also ordered was not in the box. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....