The Flying Boat, Seaplane and Amphibian G.B - Discussion thread

Started by NARSES2, September 27, 2017, 07:36:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Having started 18 days late, then having discovered that the original kit I started with was so nearly unbuildable that I had to re-cast the project into something much more complicated, then having been stalled by real world problems and distracted by internet drama, then having foolishly started on another 'simple' model for another GB elsewhere, I wouldn't have dared to ask for an extension, but I would just like to register how pleased I am that somebody else has... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

zenrat

I too am glad someone else has asked for an extension.
Not that I need one of course.  No, no, no, I am glad on everyone else's behalf.
I certainly didn't hit a snag today with the Sky Pirate Kawanishi that requires a redesign of the flying bridge...
:angel:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

The Combined Moderators have been in deep discussion over this vexed problem much of the night, despite one of the aforesaid Moderators having a streaming cold and sneezing ten times per minute.

We have decided that the previously applied for 2 week extension will be GRANTED!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

So finishes on Valentines Day then. 14th February, Midnight. ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 21, 2018, 04:50:03 AM

So finishes on Valentines Day then. 14th February, Midnight. ?

Midnight GMT, yes.

WRONG!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Sorry, got that timing totally round my neck.  :banghead:

The GB end time will be 0001 LOCAL time on Feb 14th wherever you are.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Less than two weeks to go on this one gentlemen, no matter where you are.....  ;)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

I might be able to finish my 1/72 Consolidated Catalina turboprop on time.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 08, 2018, 06:35:49 AM

Just under a week to go lads

You beat me to it.  ;D

Shall we have a countdown toward noon on the 15th GMT, which will be the end of the GB for anyone building in Hawaii or the Aluetians?  ;D

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

So if I started my build on Western Samoa, and paddled my dugout canoe to American Samoa and finished there, I could get an extra day of build time..... ;D

I was thinking the Diomede Islands might be closer together, but my paint might freeze....
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Yes, you could indeed.

We'll await seeing the build with great interest.  ;)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: sandiego89 on February 08, 2018, 01:13:38 PM
So if I started my build on Western Samoa, and paddled my dugout canoe to American Samoa and finished there, I could get an extra day of build time..... ;D

Yup  ;D :thumbsup:

I've actually done that trip and it's amazing the difference so relatively few miles make. It's almost like travelling back in time (I did American S to Western S) they really are chalk and cheese.