Chyeranovskii BICh-26

Started by 63cpe, March 02, 2017, 10:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Excellent. I like it very much - had an eye on this design myself, but shyed away because of the complex/unique BWB shape.  :thumbsup:

Mossie

Quote from: 63cpe on April 18, 2017, 09:42:27 AM
OK, have to keep you posted when copies are available.... I don't think the lozenge's are getting odd. Just like The Mig-15 and -17's the GDR had the lozenge's on the tail (= flat) and the outer wings (= flat surface)... only the bort number might get a bit odd....

David

Don't worry, no rush!  I mean the aesthetics, a sharp edged diamond shape contrasts with the rounded shape of the BICh-26.  I've always assumed the Bort number would go on the tail, in a similar way to Blackjack.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

63cpe

OK, update time.....

While working of the Tu-32 (sanding grain 1000) and the MiG-25 Foxbat-G (casting resin bombs for load) there was some resin left over, so why not cast copies of the Chyeranovskii?

To get the most resin in the nose and prevent it from tailsitting, the mould was placed at an angle..
IMG_20170428_121822532_HDR by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

The wings are almost ready to scribe and then to be moulded (guess a two piece mould would be best)......Does anybody want seperate ailerons?

Have a great weekend.....now off to the UK....
David

PR19_Kit

You've got a regular production line going there!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Yeah!!  Look at that.... damn cool. 

Inspiring, really... makes me want to look into casting more of my own stuff (I say "more" because I did one thing, once, and it turned out better than I expected) . I've entertained thoughts of making molds of some of the more "rare" things I come across in order to make them again later in case someone else wants some. 

I know it's not, but, you almost make it look easy...  Great work!
-Sprues McDuck-

63cpe

Update on this old thread......

I found another job end of april and it took me a while to find time for some whiffing. Time is still tight, but nevertheless I made the masters for the outer wings, flaps and tail plane. Next thing is doing some polishing and add some detail (ailerons). In the copies there will be some filler and sanding required in these joints.

IMG_20170904_174056677 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

David

TheChronicOne

Looking good and congrats on the job. It's the worst stressing over bills and being in between jobs.
-Sprues McDuck-

Mossie

Glad to see you're carrying on! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

63cpe

Thanks guys, much appreciated! Sure i will carry on, eventhough on a slower pace... Due to a pretty good (although expensive and over complicated) social security system, i've not experienced any payment problems, but margins were getting slimmer. Most frustrating was being turning down eventhough my experience and education was a fit. But that's now a part of the past.

Thanks,
David

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on September 06, 2017, 06:57:16 AM
Glad to see you're carrying on! :thumbsup:

Absolutely and well done and best of luck with the job  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

strobez

I was wondering where you went.  I can certainly understand your frustration... but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that scale modelling teaches both patience, attention tondetails... and how to cope with frustration.  :banghead:

Great to hear the good news and great to see you back in action...

Also... since I recently started playing with resin casting myself, I'm following this build with a  keen eye.
Thanks!

Greg

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

RAFF-35

Glad to see you're still working on it, keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

zanenobbs

Greetings,

Your Chyeranovskii BiCH-26 is of interest to me. Do you have any read to sell? Please put me down for 1!

If you need help in marketing it, my little organization may be of help. Back in 2005 I started a group, the International Resin Modellers Association (www.internationalresinmodellers.com) to self-fund kits that our members are interested in. We grew tired of waiting for the injection companies to consider our kit requests, so we make our own. Your project is exactly why our group exists.

Anyway, please put me down for a kit as I've been wanting to see this particular aircraft in resin for a very long time. Excellent work!

All the best,

Zane R Nobbs
We make the kits no one else does!

63cpe

Hi Zane,

Thanks for your ethousiastic comments. Altuogh i've made three copies off the fuselage, I've still need to finish the masters for the outer wings and tail plane. This shouldn't take long. Components like cockpittub, canopy, undercarriage are sourced from other (styrene) kits or aftermarket and are included. Let's keep in touch and check this thread regularly.

Thanks,
David