Chyeranovskii BICh-26

Started by 63cpe, March 02, 2017, 10:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Looks like some sort of orbital fighter, painted black to minimise the heat build up on re-entry.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Great work. I love the shot from straight on showing the openings...excellent !

:wub: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

63cpe

Thanks Gentlemen!

But here's an update. The "black orbiter" was used for two moulds (top and bottom half). Both half moulds were slush casted in the last 24 hours and hardened.
IMG_20170405_215426852_HDR by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Both castings before the cleaning up of the edges:
IMG_20170406_163624273 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

The products of my first resin casting ever!
IMG_20170406_194432282 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Top and lower half after the clean up. The inner half of the cockpit area was sanded and opened up. Intakes were drilled out.
IMG_20170406_194604753 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20170406_194640540 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20170406_194659095 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Test fit of top and lower half and check on amount of filler work needed:
IMG_20170406_194746500 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20170406_194825750 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20170406_194834607 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20170406_194857815 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20170406_194903870 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Test of the overall fit of canopy, top half, lower half and tail end. The outer wings, vertical tail and trailing edges will be made of plasticart.
IMG_20170406_195119360 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20170406_195129992 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Test fit of the cockpit tub. Tub and dash were used from the 1/72 Revell Me-262.
IMG_20170406_195954916 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Tomorrow it's time to get the cockpit painted, a bang seat from pavla will be fitted and intake duct will be made. Maybe get the maingear wells detailed....we'll see.

Cheers!
David

TheChronicOne

Well, how 'bout that!! I'd say this was a success, what a nice result!   :unsure: :o :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

Vorcha

paper boy

chrisonord

That is brilliant and hats off to making it from balsa then resin, marvelous!! I for one would be interested in one of these if you were thinking of making more and selling some.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

63cpe

Well, I guess I could cast some more copies of the body... I'm now in the proces of making moulds of some smaller parts from a Dragon Mig-17 like wheels, gear, main geardoors, exhaust and exhaust tube with reheat and nozzles. The outer wings, vertical tail and trailing edge are to be made of sheet styrene and you'll have to sorce some parts yourself (cockpit tub, dashboard, stick, bang seat and canopy). All parts I use are easily available via Revell kit or Pavla (Canopy and KK-2 bang seat)....would that be acceptable? I'll charge you the material (resin, silicone and styrene tube for the rear empennage) and the shipping fee off course....Don't know how much it'll be. but i'll keep you posted...any more takers? ;-)

David

chrisonord

Sounds fair to me David.
Cheers
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

RAFF-35

I'll re emphasise my interest  ;D
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

The Wooksta!

Wouldn't say no meself.

Cracking piece of work considering it's your own master and first time out moulding and casting.  Most of us start out cloning other people's bits.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

63cpe

Thank you very much gentlemen!

@ Wooksta: yeah, just why not?? but I have to admit there are copied parts from other kits involved (moulds are still setting at this moment). Undercarriage and wheel well details are copied from a Dragon Mig-17, exhaust and afterburner details are copied from an airfix Lightning... I check today if the Lightning compressor face is about the right diameter for the Mikulin AM-5 engine.

For quality sake I think it's best to build the first copy as testbed for the fit, proper dimensions and right looks. It's all learning, checking and adjusting in the next casting...One thing I noticed is the opening of the intakes don't seem to be exactly symetrical. I check if it's got to be opened up a little more without compromising the outer skin and inner ducting. Maybe this could be cured by slushing more resin to the area right behind the intakes and try to do it left and right about even.

David

zenrat

My gob is smacked.
This is very cool work.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

63cpe

Thanks Fred!

Today another lesson learned in in making moulds...Never try to make a mould from main gear with shock absorber forming a triangle (like mig-15/17, OV-10, etc). The master wouldn't get out of the sillicone once hardened... Had to cut it out ruining the mould...

David