Tupovlev Tu-32P "Farmhand"

Started by 63cpe, February 03, 2017, 12:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Very rare first pictures....... <_<:

IMG_20170202_154919011 by David Dunnebier, on Flickr

IMG_20170202_155033262 by David Dunnebier, on Flickr

IMG_20170202_154944417 by David Dunnebier, on Flickr

Went bashing some parts and kit, came up with this. What do you reckon?
Think it'll be a longrange fighter as successor of the Tu-28P "Fiddler". Wings have to be moved slightly forward (see left wing). Radarnose has to be canted some degrees downward and the spine could be donated by a CF-105 Arrow. Weapons (4x AA-6 "acrid") are to be hung under the wings. And yes, it's a big bird...

Nothing is glued yet, although wingroots and undercarriage pods are depainted.

David

PR19_Kit

It looks the BUSINESS to me, straight out of the Tupolev Design Bureau.  :thumbsup:

What's the source for all the bits please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

I recognize a Su-15 fuselage and tail. The outer wings look scale-o-ramaed airliner parts. Not certain about the inner wing sections - and could the landing gear fairings be the drop tanks from a Matchbox F-101?
Also not certain about the canopy - but looks very Tupolev-ish.  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

That's a big boy... looking very interesting! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

63cpe

Thanks! There is a 1/48 su-15 fuselage, tail and tailplanes. Wings are: inner are VEB plasticart 1/100-ish BAC-111, outer are 1/144 Boeing 747 (Revell) and undercarriage pods are 1/72 C-130 underwing tanks. Canopy comes from a derelict Tu-22 (esci) as most of the formentioned parts.

I need you suggestion on the fuselage and tail/tailplanes. Are they too obvious 1/48? Should there be more 1/72 parts in it to make it a more convincing looking 1/72 plane?

Thanks,
David

PR19_Kit

They're anything BUT obvious, it all goes together very well just as it is.

I didn't know VEB did a BAC 1-11, and I've built most of their dire kits in my time.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Ow, sorry.....It's a VEB Trident......They didn't do a BAC 1-11.....Keep getting them mixed up somehow.....should know the differences.... :banghead:

David

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2017, 04:19:44 AM

Second that!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2017, 04:19:44 AM

I didn't know VEB did a BAC 1-11, and I've built most of their dire kits in my time.

Second Kit's opinion. Looks very good and balanced to me - the only thing I personally worry is the wing sweep, but I do not know the back story. The wings look rather subsonic - while the creation looks very elegant, IMHO, it does not convey the idea of a fast, supersomic interpector - rather a long range/long loiter time "patrol fighter"? But that's just me, no criticism intended!  :angel:

BTW: VEB Plasticart did AFAIK a 1:100ish Boeing 727 and a Trident (and some Soviet airliners)? But I am not aware of a BAC 1-11, too?

63cpe

Took a while to get back, had to vaccuumclean the house....But ehm, thanks everyone!

@Dizzyfugu: your comments are very welcome and I don't feel criticized that easily... :thumbsup: I've got to make the backstory up yet...so fill me in here.... :o ;D
Now about the wingsweep. I first tried the Tu-22 blinder wings...

IMG_20170203_150730198 by David Dunnebier, on Flickr

IMG_20170203_150743677 by David Dunnebier, on Flickr

But they were have a too wide a chord especially at the roots. Then I thought about making a similar wing myself from other parts... Now, the sweep in the TU-22 wings are slightly more then the composed wings but I was thinking about re-profiling the roots (bigger sweep, more airfoil shape and thin the trailing edge) as the Plasticart bits are @#$%^&*(&%#@..

When it comes to speed. The TU-128/28P was a longrange patrol fighter. Economics of the turbojets used was a factor most of the time therefor subsonic speed wings would do. But it had to dash and had to achieve speeds up to 1700 KM/h when armed. So I was thinking about Dobrynin RD-7M's (same as TU-22 Blinder)

And there never was a BAC 1-11 by VEB Plasticart...I've used redundant Trident wings....

David

Dizzyfugu

Hmmm, if this the alternative, then I'd stick with the original wings. Their slenderness matches the long Su-15 fuselage well (and creates a more unique look), the "new" ones are just too massve/deep, IMHO, and that's hard to correct.

63cpe

Yep, agreed...the Tu-22 wings are too massive.....and I don't have the skills to get a slice off the chord and glue it all back without messing it all up. I though a set of alternative wings would be easier to do..

Thanks for you opinion!
David

kerick

Yes please stick to your first version! I'm thinking NMF with those big red stars!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

63cpe

I sure will Kerick! maybe add some white on the spine just like TU-22's...

David

kerick

Sounds good to me! Can't wait to see it all done up! :mellow:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise