Tupovlev Tu-32P "Farmhand"

Started by 63cpe, February 03, 2017, 12:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

IMCO by not defining "thin" they can always blame the user for any issues arising.

<cynic mode off>

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

63cpe

UPDATE:

Fuselage is assembled, exhausts are assembled and painted, cockpit and spine are test fitted. Wings are in puttying fase....take a long time to dry and fill again with next layer. eventually i'll get there. The airfoil of the wing has to be reprofiled as is the leading edge. I didn't use 2c filler for this as I though it didn't need that much filler. Turn out I better used 2c filler.....

IMG_20170211_102336914 by David Dunnebier, on Flickr

Now the projects (Tu-32P "Farmhand", Mig-25 "Foxbat-G" and the Su-15MP "Mantra") are going to be seperated.

David

NARSES2

I do like the way this project is going
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

This project is awesome! Wish I had thought of it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

63cpe

Update time:

PSR is almost over...now time to polish it. I use black enamel as very tin putty to smooth out small holes and scratches. As this baby will be sprayed in Alu the surface has to be really smooth..Sanding with 800 and later 1000......

BTW: cockpit arrangement is changed slightly, canopy is not fitted yet (still needs some sanding)
IMG_20170303_131137981 by David Dunnebier, on Flickr

IMG_20170303_131151014 by David Dunnebier, on Flickr

David

Dizzyfugu

What a huge beast! Can't wait for some Red Stars und the hull!  :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Im sayin!! This is looking good... shaping right on up!  I can't wait to see this one...   
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

That's a Gnat trainer canopy, isn't it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Thanks gentleman! But it's not a Gnat canopy...its a Tu-22 Blinder canopy. Depainted it last week. In earlier pictures you'll see the difference....

David

PR19_Kit

Ah right, thanks. It was the slightly curved undersurface that made me think 'Gnat'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

What a big brute ! Love the look of this one.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

63cpe

Some progress made: cut out the inner flaps and made new flaps from styrene sheet to make lowered flaps. Trying to get a more "used" look....

IMG_20170317_122052911 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Also added some detail in the wheel wells. The main gear is drying when this is written..
IMG_20170317_141231150 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

David

TheChronicOne

I'm loving the gear set up.   
-Sprues McDuck-