Author Topic: World aviation museum and gate guard map  (Read 40595 times)

Offline kitnut617

• That's got his tum rumbling already just by the sound of it.
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: World aviation museum and gate guard map
« Reply #390 on: February 09, 2020, 11:52:59 am »
The kits I have are the old Monogram 737 (injection), which I was told was more of the prototype. But it's close enough to make a 737-100 and I've discovered NASA used -100 for quite a while. I've got decals to do one of them. Then I have a Welsh Models multi-media kit of a -200 (same as in the photo above), for this one I got some 'Janet Airways' decals (Area 51 commuter plane), and then I also have the BPK kit of a -200. This one is for a Canadian North operated one which has the 'gravel kit' included. The BPK kit is a very nice model (mostly injection) and well worth the money, not like your average 1/144 kit, this has bags of bits (literary) in it.  I think I posted up some box contents photos here --- but then, it might have been elsewhere.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #391 on: February 09, 2020, 01:07:48 pm »
Oh that's awesome... I'm going to splurge for one when I get my lawn money coming in again. It'll be one of those "this is the only thing I could buy this month" purchases.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline philp

• What-IF SIG
    • My photos on picasaweb
« Reply #392 on: February 09, 2020, 05:26:00 pm »
I also plan to do a Janet with the BPK kit.  Keep debating on getting another to do a T-43.

Also acquired the Atlantis rerelease of the old Aurora DC-9.  Debating getting a 2nd kit to extend the fuselage or try to convert it myself.  Either will be a C-9A Nightingale or Big Bunny (did this already with the Airfix 1/144th scale kit but just not what you usually see.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #393 on: February 09, 2020, 06:38:24 pm »
I also plan to do a Janet with the BPK kit.  Keep debating on getting another to do a T-43.

Also acquired the Atlantis rerelease of the old Aurora DC-9.  Debating getting a 2nd kit to extend the fuselage or try to convert it myself.  Either will be a C-9A Nightingale or Big Bunny (did this already with the Airfix 1/144th scale kit but just not what you usually see.

That's what I want to do with it, too; make the Nightingale. I haven't gotten far enough into my research to ascertain what would need to be done but I take it from your comment that the kit OOB needs a fair amount of modification?
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #394 on: February 10, 2020, 07:22:55 am »

That's what I want to do with it, too; make the Nightingale. I haven't gotten far enough into my research to ascertain what would need to be done but I take it from your comment that the kit OOB needs a fair amount of modification?

I've got an AiM vacuform 1/72 Nightingale ---

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #395 on: February 10, 2020, 08:28:11 am »
Aurora did a 1/72 DC9 to go along with their 737, but both were early versions, the DC9 being a shortie -10.

And they're as rare as hen's teeth too!
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #396 on: February 10, 2020, 03:09:03 pm »
Makes me want to list up how many jetliners have been made in 1/72. I can think of.... Concorde... Boeing 707, DC-9, Boeing 737...  uhmmmm......   Let's see... KMC did the 727 ......
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Captain Canada

• "but this time it's different. I was drunk when I agreed to it."
« Reply #397 on: February 10, 2020, 04:55:46 pm »
That's very cool. Looks pseudo-military in that guise.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Offline philp

• What-IF SIG
    • My photos on picasaweb
« Reply #398 on: February 10, 2020, 10:00:10 pm »
Aurora did a 1/72 DC9 to go along with their 737, but both were early versions, the DC9 being a shortie -10.

And they're as rare as hen's teeth too!

The Atlantis kit is a repop of the Aurora molds.  Plenty available on their website.  Not sure if they got the 737 or not.
They just announced they are releasing the old Cheyenne kit.  A bunch of collectors are going to be panic selling.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Offline reddfoxx

• Makes own decals
« Reply #399 on: February 12, 2020, 06:08:20 am »
Added the 737, TheChronicOne, thanks! 

We are now over 1700 museums; there are always a few more trickling in.  Gate guards are coming along, I'm thinking I'm about half done with them after, um, 4 years. 

Don't know if I posted about it, but I took my 3-year-old daughter to Wright-Patt a couple of times.  She loved it.  Headed to DC and PR this year, so hopefully I'll have a few things to share...

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #400 on: February 12, 2020, 06:15:04 am »

They just announced they are releasing the old Cheyenne kit.  A bunch of collectors are going to be panic selling.

I ordered one some months ago when it was announced, I checked the status of the order yesterday and while nothing to say when they will get delivered, there was a price ---- US$19.99.  So not going to break the bank --  ;D