Author Topic: Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)  (Read 183533 times)

Offline TheChronicOne

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • -Sprues McDuck-
Re: Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)
« Reply #3390 on: November 08, 2019, 03:31:16 pm »
Thanks!! Hell yeah..... come over to the light side!!  :wacko: :wacko: :angel:

Haven't gotten anything done today. Stupid late check finally arrived so I've been running errands. They didn't pay the late fee and I was pretty pissed about it so I shot off an email....  polite, mind you, but I just said that it was bad business for them to shaft me like that and the owner of the company got all pissy and shot an email back that was full of lies. He said it was "crappy" that I'd ask for late fee when the thing was only one day late and that they NEVER pay me late. I damn near blacked out and got tunnel vision at that point. I had to set the record straight and I told him that the reason why I threw the late charge on the bill was because after dozens of phone calls and my check being WEEKS late on NUMEROUS occasions that I ran out of options and that the late fee was more of a "message" than anything. This is so typical, I'm the one over here getting screwed but yet *I'M* the bad guy. Sick of it.

This is like ........ say..... someone walks by a yard with a dog in it... Every day this person walks by and punches the dog. After being punched 42 times the dog finally snaps and bites back. "OH, LOOK AT THAT TERRIBLE MEAN VIOLENT VICIOUS DOG!!!!"   But wait, you conveniently forget to mention punching it in the face every day until it snapped? I feel like I've been ambushed or something.

-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3391 on: November 09, 2019, 06:11:42 pm »
Good news! The 737 engines are starting to really look like something decent!  I'm in a test fit stage to see what my mods have done to the fitment. One is perfect as-is while the other was off considerably so I've since been whittling on it and I spotted a couple sink spots that I tossed some Tamiya putty into. They need to dry then I do one last quick sand and last coat of primer then it's time for silver paint.  :mellow: :mellow: 

Also been working more on the Skyraider. Sanded away 90% of the blemishes but found a couple issues on one end of the bomb-bay door, midget hatch, or whatever the hell it is.

Lastly I have a final report on the condition of the Tristar engines which were mangled almost to the point of no return. I've seen people bin builds for FAR less but I decided to just "stick with it"and now they look magnificent. A combination of spirits and later on, sanding, has them back in shape finally. Going to SKIP the black paint this time and go straight into silver.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 06:13:37 pm by TheChronicOne »
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Flyer

« Reply #3392 on: November 09, 2019, 10:13:43 pm »
Also been working more on the Skyraider. Sanded away 90% of the blemishes but found a couple issues on one end of the bomb-bay door, midget hatch, or whatever the hell it is.

Air/dive brake? :unsure:
Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. -Robert A. Heinlein

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3393 on: November 09, 2019, 11:48:07 pm »
Ah, thanks! While this one is on the belly, the other two air-brakes that are on the side were moulded the same way with two of each option; open and closed. I discarded the "open" version and glued this panel on. Has to be it.  :mellow: :mellow:   I was clueless.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #3394 on: November 10, 2019, 02:25:36 am »
I like the idea of a midget vertically challenged person hatch.
What are roundels of the Oopaloompa Air Force?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3395 on: November 10, 2019, 09:14:01 am »
Recent memory recall has me suggesting that the tripple elephant god Laotian roundels could somehow be modified a bit to work and look like a little Oompa Loompa.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3396 on: November 10, 2019, 01:26:22 pm »
   Since I had it handy...  see there, it's almost like a little oompa loompa standing there... ;D  just a little alteration here and there and BAM! Wonka Air Force.

737 engines are looking more and more like they belong, now! The "beefy" section up front actually doesn't look too far off from the real version so I'm stopping on that and have also finished filling small sink marks and stuff.

That was last night. Today I've since moved on and sanded the engines smooth again from the putty I put on and even painted them. PROBLEM!!!! (IT'S ALWAYS THE PAINT!!!)  ;D   These blasted wasps, man, I swear!!! These little turds tried to fly in the window so I flipped out and knocked me engines over a couple times swatting and loosing my composure trying not to get stung by this dragon suddenly orbiting my face.  ;D    Lucily, I was still in the 15 minute "paint window" so I quickly repaired them but it DID leave a couple blemishes that I'm simply not going to worry about. If memory serves, these things get a couple decals apiece anyway.  :wacko:

Next, I painted the silver de-icer thing on the tail fin. I almost forgot about this and had been contemplating putting the tail decorations on. That would have been bad. As it is, I'm safe. I didn't even bother getting it all too straight on the sides because it will be overlapped by a decal that covers 98% of the tail.

I also painted the Tristar engines but they look a little rough in spots so I may wet sand them and hit them with another coat of silver before I gloss them over for transfers.

Up next the Oompa Dumper on the Skywanker needs to be sanded one last time and I can glue the wings on. Looking forward to this!! I'll finally have a plane and can prime it and start the paint work which should be pretty fun I hope.

-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3397 on: November 10, 2019, 05:46:49 pm »
Last update for the day. I've managed to get the Skywanker together and she looks pretty good I think!!  Won't be long before primer and paint.

Now to go play Mass Effect. I've run up against some husky alien dude that has whooped me about 20 times. I had to retreat, re-arm, and re-equip with better wares. I hope to vanquish this guy. He's tricky... he speeds up outta nowhere and smashes me when my shields and life are low. It's nearly a teleport type of thing the way this dude runs.  But anyway.......   :rolleyes: ;D

Oh, wait!!! I did work on something else! I found that I had a tiny bit of white paint in the can left so I sprayed the areas I had to patch and sand when the clear coat crazed on the Tristar. It's much better now and I will try again soon to gloss the nose area and wing roots around the tail so I can apply a few strategic transfers that will aid in plotting out the rest of the paint masking.

-Sprues McDuck-

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #3398 on: November 12, 2019, 03:25:16 am »
Skywanker.   ;D :thumbsup:

The pic of the Saudi plane is giving me flashbacks to when I was 15 and I tried to apply the supplied transfers to a Tamiya Williams Formula One car i'd built.  Of course I didn't know about solvent then and it was a disaster.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3399 on: November 12, 2019, 10:47:41 am »
Sucker for them pretty colors just like I am.  ;D  That's why I'm FORCING this thing to work. I have my heart set on this livery. 
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3400 on: November 15, 2019, 03:08:38 pm »
Oh man, gotta make this some day:

-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3401 on: Yesterday at 12:26:32 pm »
This again. But... interesting. This is making INTERNATIONAL news.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7698537/Three-people-dead-shooting-Oklahoma-Walmart.html?fbclid=IwAR3Tuhl0ffg9fvNHPOsNzI3uS3wkuDjenlylHoTTkS85JEGyN07tgnHsjaw

This is about a 30 minute drive from here in a neighboring community. So.. murder/suicide. 3 adults.  BUT... remember about two weeks back there was the same thing but it was FOUR people instead of 3 including two young children. This was only a couple miles away. So.... one of these makes international news, but the other one, the WORSE incident, does not. The only difference? This one today happened in a Wal Mart parking lot. For some reason, that makes it worthy of international media attention whereas the much worse triple murder of a mother and her two young girls followed by a suicide didn't even make STATE news.  :unsure:     This type of thing irks me. 
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline DogfighterZen

• Bmx, music and whif junkie
« Reply #3402 on: Yesterday at 12:42:17 pm »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7698537/Three-people-dead-shooting-Oklahoma-Walmart.html?fbclid=IwAR3Tuhl0ffg9fvNHPOsNzI3uS3wkuDjenlylHoTTkS85JEGyN07tgnHsjaw

This is about a 30 minute drive from here in a neighboring community. So.. murder/suicide. 3 adults.  BUT... remember about two weeks back there was the same thing but it was FOUR people instead of 3 including two young children. This was only a couple miles away. So.... one of these makes international news, but the other one, the WORSE incident, does not. The only difference? This one today happened in a Wal Mart parking lot. For some reason, that makes it worthy of international media attention whereas the much worse triple murder of a mother and her two young girls followed by a suicide didn't even make STATE news.  :unsure:     This type of thing irks me.

Sad stuff... it is intriguing why the second occurrence is getting much more attention than the worst case... i've no idea as to why it is so but it doesn't make much sense. Hope that this doesn't happen again, we've seen this type of thing happening before, it has to stop. :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3403 on: Yesterday at 01:03:37 pm »
Sensationalism I guess. One story, while much sadder and much worse, isn't one they can use to whip people into a fury. That's the way I figure it at least.

Inching toward completion on the Skyraider! Thinking about doing some more work on the Tristar after that. I need to smooth out the finish on the engines. I need to gloss the nose again after my repair, so I can put the windscreen on. These two things shouldn't take too long so if I have time after the Skyraider work today.... that's the plan! 
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Old Wombat

• Armour: The Gods of War love it!
« Reply #3404 on: Yesterday at 04:31:32 pm »

Sad stuff... it is intriguing why the second occurrence is getting much more attention than the worst case... i've no idea as to why it is so but it doesn't make much sense. Hope that this doesn't happen again, we've seen this type of thing happening before, it has to stop. :banghead:

It happened in a public place with multiple witnesses, many of whom probably shared the event on social media, therefore activating the "public interest" reflex of the news media. I don't know the other event but I'm guessing that it happened in a private home with few-to-no witnesses, so no-to-few social media posts, & was "old news" by the time the news media found out about it.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est