Author Topic: Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on  (Read 259582 times)

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on
« Reply #2775 on: June 29, 2020, 06:09:16 am »
The Mohawk is almost there now and the Ki-102 will to start to get its canopy framing done next trip to the bench. Real world interferes for the next couple of days however.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2776 on: Yesterday at 07:17:01 am »
I've spent rather a bit of time down our local hospital for various reasons over the last couple of weeks, whence not much modelling done, and it wasn't until I was chatting with a nurse this morning that I realised the NHS is 70 on Sunday. I always thought it was 1948, but it was 1950, so it was 2 when I was born  ;D

Obviously recently we've all realised how lucky we are to have it, and yes it could function better, but then could every institution, but it is one of the UK's great achievements. So can you all raise a glass of whatever to its 70th Birthday.  :cheers:

Chris

Oh and on the modelling front I'm hoping to get something done this weekend. We will see.

That will teach me to trust my own memory  ;D The NHS is 72 years old on Sunday, still I was in the hearing clinic, so I probably miss-heard something.  ;) Been thinking about it all night. Doesn't change my sentiments though  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: Today at 12:47:58 am by NARSES2 »
Decals my @r$e!

Offline The Wooksta!

• Resident Soup Dragon
  • What-IF SIG
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #2777 on: Yesterday at 08:00:07 am »
I had to make a stencil for the pastry chef to spray the plates for the desert at an NHS anniversary function two years back.  Can't remember what the potatoes or meat on the main were but the veg was Creamed Savoy with roasted Broccolli.  One of the few times I'd ever agree with HW Bush...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner."

"An inaccurate parcel of dog turds!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,34762.0.ht

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2778 on: Today at 12:46:40 am »
I had to make a stencil for the pastry chef to spray the plates for the desert at an NHS anniversary function two years back.  Can't remember what the potatoes or meat on the main were but the veg was Creamed Savoy with roasted Broccolli.  One of the few times I'd ever agree with HW Bush...

That would have been the 70th Lee, I obviously miss-heard something in the hearing clinic yesterday.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2779 on: Today at 05:19:42 am »
Well the Mohawk is finished  :thumbsup: I've struggled a bit with it for various reasons. Not the kit's fault, purely me. Just have to get used to the fact I have bad days  :-\ and slightly better days  <_<. Can't build to the standard I was 2 years ago let alone 5 and I was never more than an average modeller. Still I do still enjoy the hobby which is the important thing  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!