Author Topic: Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)  (Read 257855 times)

Offline TheChronicOne

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • -Sprues McDuck-
Re: Chronic's Research and Aeronautics Project (C.R.A.P.)
« Reply #3945 on: June 01, 2020, 09:31:13 am »
Good Ol' Freddie! I finally got around to watching that Bohemian Rhapsody (I hope that's what they called it, I'm so terrible at titles sometimes) movie about him a couple weeks ago.
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3946 on: June 06, 2020, 09:09:41 pm »
Well, I finished the Pluto.

"Navy A-10" or something.

Now what? I think I said last time that I would focus on getting my ongoing airliner builds finished and also take a look at something for the one week GB. I guess I'll do that. I need that one week thing... I need to start and finish an easy going build. With this in mind, my next efforts in model stuff will be to fish through my stuff and find something adequate for it. After that...... I think I'll get back to the Tristar.
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3947 on: June 07, 2020, 05:35:05 am »
Good job on the finish sir  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Flyer

« Reply #3948 on: June 07, 2020, 09:04:43 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. -Robert A. Heinlein

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3949 on: June 12, 2020, 09:51:26 am »
Thanks, fellers. I love how it turned out.

Thoughts now turn to the one week GB. I need this thing to get my steam back. Of course, once again, I've chosen some somewhat obscure short-ish run kit from Eastern Europe that will likely test all abilities but... whatever... at least it's small! I have an idea to make an East German "Wall Patrol" airplane and I have a MiG-8 that should work. I have the kit and markings ready to go, it's just a matter of getting it done.

-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Tophe

• my what-if models
« Reply #3950 on: June 12, 2020, 11:04:38 am »
Nice rare airplane! A canard with high wing and spats is not common... :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3951 on: June 12, 2020, 10:25:38 pm »
I like it, too! It's an interesting plane. It's pretty cool.  :mellow:

That said, I'm throwing this idea out. I've looked at the kit and it has a very surprising amount of individual parts and I see flash in the windows and such so I will save this for a future project.

Not only that, but I'm once again under "mood assault" which I guess is just a fancy term for being depressed. I basically am finding it more and more difficult each day to give a poo-poo about just about anything to be honest. I might have a go at my stash again though to see if anything strikes my fancy but it's looking doubtful.

Just some of the weird stuff going on lately.... a violent family member shows up at my house and I had to leave... I was un prepared and had no water or anything but just went off to work and got overheated and wasn't thinking straight. I went to leave a job and forgot to put the tailgate up on my truck and my brand new mower I just bought to replace the one that was stolen flew out the back and slammed into the street and is now just a pile of junk. Hell, it tried to work for awhile but cut crooked and the blades smash into the housing and eventually it just stopped running period. I have just enough money to replace it after raiding every last rainy day fund, piggy, bank, both bank accounts, and wallet to get another, lesser model, and have about $14 left over. If anything else goes wrong, I'm just done.

This is just the tip of the iceberg... I could go on at lenght of all the bullshit things that have happened recently and this is on top of all the "weirdness" that is 2020. Up until this evening I was trying to not mention any of it and just trudge through but I'm just so tired now. Maybe it will help to blog about it, who knows? Running out of options here.

-Sprues McDuck-

Offline Flyer

« Reply #3952 on: June 12, 2020, 11:07:07 pm »
I'm thinking positive thoughts for you, hopefully karma or whatever is out there rewards you with a poo-poo-load of good to make up for the bad run of it. Keep on keeping on  :thumbsup:

Offline Flyer

« Reply #3953 on: June 12, 2020, 11:10:03 pm »
 ;D didn't type poo-poo but whatever I'll go with it  ;D

Offline Tophe

• my what-if models
« Reply #3954 on: June 12, 2020, 11:27:00 pm »
I'm once again under "mood assault" which I guess is just a fancy term for being depressed.
all the bullshit things that have happened recently
I know that psychiatrist pretend to tell the Truth when they claim that depression is an illness that comes from Inside the brain, but I think this is wrong in the majority of people: if things happening to you are bad, you are feeling bad, this is just normal.
Building models may cure by focusing on something else, rather pleasant, but it is not 100% guaranteed... :-\ :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3955 on: June 12, 2020, 11:48:48 pm »
Agreed. That's part of the problem, however. Doing something we enjoy usually works to improve happiness but being depressed makes us not even want to try. A vicious cycle. It's like the whole , "I need a job in order to afford a vehicle but I need a vehicle in order to have a job" conundrum. 

And yes, it's not always about a neurological malfunction. The majority of my depression stems from outside influences. People, mainly. Right now it's a violent physically abusive person that there's nothing I can do about. Not wanting to be beat up any more, I leave. This causes problems like the chain reaction that lead to the destruction of my new mower which in turns makes me even more sad.  You're right and there's no pill or procedure that can cure that.   

EDIT: But anyway... I'm going to find me a new kit for this GB and if I don't get it built, at least I gave it a shot!   :lol:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:51:59 pm by TheChronicOne »
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #3956 on: June 12, 2020, 11:56:42 pm »

EDIT: But anyway... I'm going to find me a new kit for this GB and if I don't get it built, at least I gave it a shot!   :lol:

POSITIVE thinking there Brad.  :thumbsup:

We're with you for sure.
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3957 on: June 13, 2020, 12:01:02 am »
Talking about things does help, believe me. Been there myself a long, long time ago.

That Mig 8 was a new tool back in 2014, so is probably very much limited run. They have got better since.

Strange because I could have sworn it was originally an A Model tooling, probably the A Model'ish box art ?
Decals my @r$e!

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #3958 on: June 13, 2020, 12:02:31 am »
Thank you!! This place has been a place of respite and support. You friends here have helped me have fun times in the midst of all this garbage. I will try to have more of this positivity.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Online DogfighterZen

• Bmx, music and whif junkie
« Reply #3959 on: June 13, 2020, 04:51:33 am »
Keep your chin up and concentrate on doing your stuff. Sending positive vibes from over the pond.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"