HAWKER P.1032 EAGLE FURY

Started by kitbasher, May 30, 2016, 12:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

The Wooksta!

Dave, wonderful work on the conversion and the paintjob, but as soon as you put Carmicheal's markings on it, you lost it IMO.  Too obvious.  Far too obvious.  Korean Sea Furies ALWAYS have his markings on them and there's plenty of other options out there instead.  RAN, for example as they flew Sea Furies in Korea.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Tophe

I have been inspired, thanks :wub:
and here is the P.2032 Twin-Eagle-Fury :rolleyes:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kitbasher

Final bit of modelling for 2016 - correct a fundamental schoolboy decaling error (not evident from the photos)plus add the underwing rocket rails and rockets.  Pics in due course and will try and remember to put it next to my built Sea Fury; there's quite a different feel to 'my' P1032' - IMHO it's much sleeker and faster looking than the Sea Fury.  Don't get me wrong, Sea Furies are amongst my favourite aircraft and they do possess a pugnacious elegance.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

I'll get round to replacing the missing Photobucketed pictures in time, but here's a recent shot of the 1032 with rockets and additional decals (stencils) added:

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I'm with you there cap'n.
It's a year since I said it but I still maintain it looks like a Wyvern with good posture.
Still good.
:thumbsup:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I'd forgotten all about this stunner  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.