Author Topic: Moments of Zen  (Read 84395 times)

Offline TheChronicOne

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • -Sprues McDuck-
Re: Moments of Zen
« Reply #1080 on: September 24, 2020, 08:46:36 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D   McGangbang... start there. It wasn't bad at all, really!  Ease your way into the McChickO'fish at your peril.  :mellow:   (nah, actually, it wasn't bad either, but oddly enough it was better IMO after having been in the fridge for a day.....  kinda like how spaghetti is somehow better after it has sat around awhile)  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline DogfighterZen

• Bmx, music and whif junkie
« Reply #1081 on: September 25, 2020, 02:43:18 pm »
I'll have to give them a try one of these days. ;)

So, obviously my plans of getting the pics and story of the finished Mirage failed, exhaustion won after i had dinner... :banghead:
Gonna give it a try now...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #1082 on: September 25, 2020, 09:47:08 pm »
I've been wondering!
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline DogfighterZen

• Bmx, music and whif junkie
« Reply #1083 on: September 30, 2020, 07:53:42 am »
Ok, finished the Mirage and it's time for a bench refresh... The F-16W is still on the bench and i'll be working on it but regarding the Gazelle/Blue Thunder conversion, i've decided to leave that project for now cause i still have to buy some bits for it.
Having that project off the bench for now left me wondering what would i like to build next and i chose another chopper...
So, the Hobbyboss 1/72 UH-1C Huey will become a PoAF bird during the Colonial wars in Africa.
Let's say that NATO and the UN lifted the arms embargo they had on Portugal in 1970 because of intel that proved that the Soviets were using the conflict to further their sphere of influence in the African continent. With these facts coming to light, the NATO council wanted to do all they could to prevent these countries from falling under Soviet influence so, the African colonial wars would become the next proxy war in the Cold War scenario. The intel revealed by the CIA would show that the Soviets had sold some Mig fighters to the PAIGC(rebel forces in Guinea) and were training pilots to fly them against the Portuguese.
With the Soviets supplying war materials to the rebel forces, the Portuguese would get help from NATO countries.

I think that this is a plausible background for a bunch of Portuguese whifs on my list, which includes choppers and planes(not necessarily all jets) like the AH-1 Cobra, F-5E Tiger II, another F-4 Phantom II(already built the F-4F so i'll go with another variant) and even some old prop fighters like the P-47D or that would've been refurbished and put back into service.
Also on my list is the A-1 Skyraider, F-8 Crusader, F-86K Sabre Dog, F-100s... so many... Still have to buy a kit of the A-4 and A-6... :rolleyes: ;D
Smaller jet fighters like the Gnat, Hunter are also on the list... i guess that more than 50% of my stash was bought with Portuguese markings in mind, either for the air force or navy.

Anyway, with these i'll have enough to do till i'm retired or dead so either way, i've got enough to keep me busy for a long time. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"