Author Topic: Moments of Zen  (Read 76664 times)

Offline DogfighterZen

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Bmx, music and whif junkie
Re: Moments of Zen
« Reply #1065 on: May 31, 2020, 03:25:31 pm »

Well, gotta go shopping now or the missus will spank me.... :rolleyes: ;D ;D

:cheers:

No comment  :angel: ;)

Well, that makes two of us, Chris. I'm just having fun messing around with the stuff and i don't get frustrated if it doesn't go that well. To me it's a bit like bmx "stunt" riding, It's my fault if the stunt attempted goes wrong so can't whine about it too. ;D

Absolutely the right attitude  :thumbsup: Enjoy

I sure do, my friend! :thumbsup:

So, the Spitfire is finished and pics were taken so i just have to choose the ones to use and upload them onto Imgur. Post will be up on the current/finished projects section.
This means i'll be back to work on the F-16W and PoAF Mirage after the Spitfire's post is done... but with the arrival of the second Heller Gazelle kit, i've decided to start one to turn it into the Blue thunder... :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Offline DogfighterZen

« Reply #1066 on: Yesterday at 11:52:26 am »
Well, summer has been putting a damper on my plans as i've been beat from all the work to get my gardens in the wine estate back in shape for the clients that are slowly starting to show up again... it's been so hot during the day and i get home so knackered that i normally don't have much apetite to sit at the bench and do anything besides chilling and watch some videos.
That said, i did manage to get the Mirage ready for paint.
The F-16W has had some putty applied in the area around the nozzle but i haven't sanded that down...
Not much but it's what i've felt like doing and i'm blaming it on the heat and fatigue from work. And also on the fact that i haven't had time to rest during my days off due to the repairs i had to do on my terrace's floor tiles to be able to set up an inflatable pool for the missus... :rolleyes:
I did order some more models and aftermarket bits, though... The Martin Baker Mk.10 seats, one for the PJ Mirage i'm building as it was the seat it had put in after upgrades on real world examples. A metal pitot tube and a Yahu IP for the Special Hobby Mirage F.1 coming the UK and the Wingman 1/48 Latin American Kfir round out the recent orders.
I'd been wanting to buy the Wingman Kfir for a long time and now that they're back in stock, the time has come.  :thumbsup:
I've mentioned in my previous blog update that i was going to start a Heller 1/50 Gazelle conversion into a Blue Thunder chopper but, although i have the box beside me on the "In progress" model pile, i haven't done anything to it... maybe soon, if i find the will to have another one on the bench but i'm sure it won't happen while the Mirage hasn't been painted.
I do have the canopy in front of me as i write, maybe if i manage to mask this tonight, it will get some paint sprayed on during the next week.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Offline TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #1067 on: Yesterday at 10:18:39 pm »
I figured you were up to your eyes in work and heat to boot! We need to form a trans-Atlantic union.

SA Kfir, you say?  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline DogfighterZen

« Reply #1068 on: Today at 03:06:07 am »
I figured you were up to your eyes in work and heat to boot! We need to form a trans-Atlantic union.

SA Kfir, you say?  :wacko:

That would be good stuff... :mellow:
I know you could use good help out there with all the lawn you've got to mow down. I'm sure we'd make one heck of a team. Here I work with, the Honda Hrd 536QX lawnmower, the one with the roller on the rear. It's heavy but it makes good work of a lawn. And the rest of my tools are as good as the mower, all Stihl, including blower/vaccum, strimmer, hedge trimmer and chainsaw. I also have an Efco 181 chainsaw for bigger trees.
Re the Kfir, it's the big nose one, C.10/12. It's a gorgeous beast and a very nice kit, now that it's problems have been rectified. :thumbsup:

Concerning my PoAF Mirage, I did manage to mask the canopy last night and i'm going to begin the paint job today after work, hopefully. :rolleyes: