TWO WEEKS TO GO

Started by NARSES2, July 16, 2014, 07:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Ok lads those of you still building have 2 weeks, give or take, to get your projects finished

Those with builds in progress or at least with opened threads are -

Scooter
Ratty
Pyro
Kit
Mossie
McCreig
Kitbasher
Geoff
Ed S
Dizzy - confirmed is on hold so out of the build. Thanks for letting me know  :thumbsup:
Capt C
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

OK 2 weeks so that means I can find a kit this weekend and have at 'er ! I really must get in on it.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Which is a good thing seeing asI've spent the last two weeks couped up in hosital with serious infections up the wazoo...Home now and back on the bench.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Hope you make a full recovery Lance
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Oops, I just need to find the decals. Should take all of, what? 5 mins?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scooterman

kitbasher

Eeek!  :o

Fortunately permanent modelling man cave is back in commission and I've got beyond the PSR stage with the Frogfoot.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Less then a week to go lads

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Clarification please Chris.

When you say less than a week to go, is that to say it's tools down on 31 July or when?  And what time zone?

Doing my best to get it finished by Friday night!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on July 26, 2014, 11:10:07 AM
Clarification please Chris.

When you say less than a week to go, is that to say it's tools down on 31 July or when?  And what time zone?

Doing my best to get it finished by Friday night!

Right. Hope this helps.

The official closing time is midnight GMT on 31/7/14. In effect this means some time Friday 1/8/14 morning (UK Time) as I'm not staying up to midnight.

HOWEVER I will allow the weekend for people to finish builds and get them up on site.

The reason for this is that sometime the following week I am going to produce a thread which will have one picture of each completed build on it so that we have a tribute for Anthony P in a format which is perhaps more user friendly for any of his friends/relatives who aren't necessarily modellers to look at.

Now I'm not normally pedantic as far as time tables go but for this one I'm being a little stricter for what I hope are the right reasons ?

In summing up - If you have a build that is almost finished on Friday morning (1/8/14) then PM me with an expected finish date, and be realistic with this, and I will consider it and hold my final thread over for a day or so.

At the end of the day I can always append any really late builds to my final tribute thread.

Hope that helps Dave and is fair to all ?

Chris

kitbasher

Many thanks Chris, very helpful indeed.

My target to finish is Thursday night, then, to include at least one picture either Thursday or Friday.  Visiting my mum at the weekend and as she lives in a lead and concrete reinforced bunker covered in 40 feet of topsoil that prevents any free wi-fi or 3G of getting in or out (so it seems) I'll have to finish posting Sunday or Monday night if necessary.

Deadline rationale all understood and understandable, BTW.

Captain Canada

I bought my kit yesterday. A Mig 29. I'm still going with my original idea of a scale o rama, but only starting smaller  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Had one member in touch with his projected dates and all fits in to my suggested schedule. Thanks Gordon  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 27, 2014, 07:48:53 AM
I bought my kit yesterday. A Mig 29. I'm still going with my original idea of a scale o rama, but only starting smaller  :thumbsup:

Well you'd better get modelling Capt  :o ;D