Author Topic: Whiffs found on Facebook  (Read 203080 times)

Online PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Whiffing since the 70s
Re: Whiffs found on Facebook
« Reply #2100 on: August 11, 2019, 01:48:13 pm »

I haven't seen it but I will ask if my friend has any  pictures  of it, if so I will put them on here. My friend  has done  a few weird  and  wonderful  conversions too. One  of his latest  being  a Hillman  superminx which he has put an mx-5 engine and  gearbox in.
Chris.

That's probably a good move with a Super Minx, those 1600 cc engines weren't much to write home about! Even with a Holbay 1750 in them they'd only just manage 90 mph. I hope it's a rust-free one, 'cos when they rust, they RUST!  :o
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Online chrisonord

• DIDN'T READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY
  • Paint it gloss??......HOW DARE YOU!!!
« Reply #2101 on: August 11, 2019, 03:01:53 pm »

I haven't seen it but I will ask if my friend has any  pictures  of it, if so I will put them on here. My friend  has done  a few weird  and  wonderful  conversions too. One  of his latest  being  a Hillman  superminx which he has put an mx-5 engine and  gearbox in.
Chris.

That's probably a good move with a Super Minx, those 1600 cc engines weren't much to write home about! Even with a Holbay 1750 in them they'd only just manage 90 mph. I hope it's a rust-free one, 'cos when they rust, they RUST!  :o
It  had lots of rust on it, especially in the  floor  sills engine bay, but  he rebuilt it  all. He has an estate  version in his  garden  too along  with 30 plus other cars
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Offline Flyer

« Reply #2102 on: August 12, 2019, 12:22:47 am »
Ah, he has a giant match...

It is very impressive.  Was it Macross originally?
Search "FFR-41MR Mave" to find the base aircraft.

Thanks Brad F.
Yukikaze looks interesting.  Is it worth a look?
Been a while since I watched it but from memory it's OK, few interesting looking aircraft, I quite like the twin boom pusher AWACS but it doesn't last long and is shown very briefly.
Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. -Robert A. Heinlein

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #2103 on: August 12, 2019, 01:48:01 am »
Thanks mate.  I'm watching Girls und Panzer ATM but i'll check it out.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline Scotaidh

• Scratchbuilds the entire model
« Reply #2104 on: August 18, 2019, 08:02:42 am »

All I need is plenty of runway ... and lots of hungry customers to fund the flight.

"We're all here because we're not all there."

Offline McColm

« Reply #2105 on: August 18, 2019, 08:05:33 am »
That's got to be interesting for a bit of whiffery.

Offline Rheged

• Growing older is inevitable, growing up isn't!
« Reply #2106 on: August 18, 2019, 08:30:56 am »

In 1938, the NAAFI issued a requirement for a fast deployment tea counter.  The Avro Assam and de Havilland Darjeeling, although excellent designs, lost out to the English Electric Earl Grey mark 1. Its STOL capabilities meant that it could be serving tea and sticky buns within 12 minutes of  landing on a 140 yard stretch of straight road.  A revolutionary intercooler system attached to the engine ensured properly boiling water  immediately after landing, and smoke-pots fuelled by used tea leaves and out of date sandwiches concealed the unit when in front line use.
The aircraft was superseded after the war by the English Electric Espresso mark 2B, coupling captured Italian coffee making technology with the steam cooling system of its  twin Kestrel engines . Four EE Espresso airframes are still in existence, two in the reserve collection of the Imperial War Museum, one at Cosford and one (without wings or engines) as the staff canteen at Prestwick. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Offline Scotaidh

• Scratchbuilds the entire model
« Reply #2107 on: August 18, 2019, 09:09:50 am »

In 1938, the NAAFI issued a requirement for a fast deployment tea counter.  The Avro Assam and de Havilland Darjeeling, although excellent designs, lost out to the English Electric Earl Grey mark 1. Its STOL capabilities meant that it could be serving tea and sticky buns within 12 minutes of  landing on a 140 yard stretch of straight road.  A revolutionary intercooler system attached to the engine ensured properly boiling water  immediately after landing, and smoke-pots fuelled by used tea leaves and out of date sandwiches concealed the unit when in front line use.
The aircraft was superseded after the war by the English Electric Espresso mark 2B, coupling captured Italian coffee making technology with the steam cooling system of its  twin Kestrel engines . Four EE Espresso airframes are still in existence, two in the reserve collection of the Imperial War Museum, one at Cosford and one (without wings or engines) as the staff canteen at Prestwick.

LOL!!!
Pure genius!  I had to copy and send the whole thing to my dad, a retired RN Aircraft Engineer who served on HMS Implacable ... I think he'll have a giggle or two!  :)
"We're all here because we're not all there."

Offline loupgarou

« Reply #2108 on: August 18, 2019, 09:34:52 am »
Wonderful story!  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Offline perttime

« Reply #2109 on: August 18, 2019, 09:42:36 am »
Antonov An-2 updated to 21st century.

Online TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #2110 on: August 18, 2019, 11:53:07 am »
Posted by ME, Brad, to the Facebook Scale Modellers page. (there is a source below, but I don't read that stuff...  perhaps you can.)

This took me a minute at first to realize what was going on then I was like, Hey, that's actually a model! Then, hey that's a what-if!  Whif-cat! How cute.

Source: https://twitter.com/meetissai/status/1158223558733996032?s=21&fbclid=IwAR1mVCgym8nPu7AFZDpDGXqNBYJGcDhJSyYmlP3GuPCrZJ4Pg34XfXMrG2I

Creative feller. I love stuff like this. I look at it and guffaw and makes a smile on my face. Funny stuff makes the world go 'round.
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2111 on: August 19, 2019, 05:48:30 am »
Wonderful story!  :thumbsup:

Indeed it is. Kudos Mr Rheged  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline Rheged

• Growing older is inevitable, growing up isn't!
« Reply #2112 on: August 20, 2019, 09:28:25 am »

LOL!!!
Pure genius!  I had to copy and send the whole thing to my dad, a retired RN Aircraft Engineer who served on HMS Implacable ... I think he'll have a giggle or two!  :)

Thank you, all, for your kind words.  At least half of the credit for this piece belongs to Madame R, who has the same inverted sideways approach to reality as me  and often wonders why so many people don't comprehend the delights of Whiffery.

Incidentally, has our esteemed colleague Jaybee any further information on the airframe used as the Prestwick staff canteen?.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 09:31:49 am by Rheged »
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Online TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #2113 on: August 29, 2019, 09:29:26 pm »
I've a backlog again of these!

It's hard to keep up with them... I'm going to try my new "format" here (less pics, but provide a link to more) and list multiples. Some of these links may go to private pages and you won't be able to see anything. If so, my apologies. MOST of these are open but... ..... if you DO come across one you can't see, why not just go ahead and join the page? It's already a given that they have content you enjoy, so it could be beneficial!  :thumbsup:

This first one has no additional pictures so if you want to skip the link, then by all means.... 

Found on t G-Tabs page. Interesting in that this is music stuff, not at all a page related to models. Always neat to find these.

https://www.facebook.com/GTabsofficial/photos/a.706328752835559/1571190956349330/?type=3&theater

A quick whif-stang. By Alastair Glennyfound on the "Facebook Scale Modellers" page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156516309469352&set=pcb.1075402075996262&type=3&theater&ifg=1

This camo is sweeeeeeeet.  By Rachel/‎Phil Ciborowski‎ found on the "The Mediocre Modelers group."

"Welp. I was threatened with bodily harm by my girl Rachel.... bought her this ‘hog. And while i was at the af museum she made this. All cammo’ed and painted/ decaled by herself. 🤦🏻‍♂️ i created a monster."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2627790147233334&set=pcb.2164043130560505&type=3&theater&ifg=1

OK, here comes "probably my favorite." It's the color.......I call it "Plum Crazy Purple" (which I think i got from Mopar).

By Jean-Luc Fouquet‎. Found on the "The Mediocre Modelers group" page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206220123780212&set=pcb.2165162730448545&type=3&theater&ifg=1

By unknown, but there is a Twitter link. This was posted on Facebook, though, here:

"This guy had made a Sukhoi Flanker with Forward swept-wing like the Su-47. An Aircraft with the Flanker and Berkut material to make a super Flanker/Berkut aircraft."
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2172855276157306&set=pcb.2194821747295512&type=3&theater&ifg=1

https://twitter.com/BaroBaronron/status/1164215446519738368?s=19&fbclid=IwAR3RGOqajCs4CglderMrOkltmtSpnojSbitnDYfn6yjLPN5ZcYsoPTrn4Gs

That last link is the Twitter source.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 09:31:20 pm by TheChronicOne »
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline perttime

« Reply #2114 on: August 29, 2019, 09:40:17 pm »
Found on t G-Tabs page. Interesting in that this is music stuff, not at all a page related to models. Always neat to find these.

https://www.facebook.com/GTabsofficial/photos/a.706328752835559/1571190956349330/?type=3&theater
I saw that somewhere before. Put on your Health and Safety hat and see what you think...