Author Topic: NöNöBärs's What-If Flugwerft (WIP: Swissair Lockheed L2049)  (Read 110705 times)

Offline TheChronicOne

• Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • -Sprues McDuck-
Re: NöNöBärs's What-If Flugwerft (WIP: Swissair Lockheed L2049)
« Reply #795 on: November 24, 2019, 10:08:47 am »
Maaaaaan, what IS IT with the airliners ?!!?  I 've had the same thing happen a few times and it keeps trying to happen to my Saudia plane.  Plan for a scheme just to have the transfers go bad...then have to adjust on the fly. I think you managed it perfectly, though, and this scheme is totally KICK ARSE on here... now it almost sort of looks like a FUTURE-Liner or something!  :wub: :wub: :wub:

I don't know, maybe its the size of the decals. I mean, they are much "longer" than the usual ones we use. But the original ones of this kit were just awful, put htem in the water and they were gone. I only had that with very old ones before, but there they looked old before using. Those one here looked perfectly ok.

Anyway, the replacements worked in the end even if they broke into several pieces, too.

Gotcha... I had just tried to use some printed less than 10 years ago, looked beautiful.... brand spanking new right out of the kit and they went into a billion pieces!  :o   Just like you, I wasn't expecting it. Had I known, I would have tried liquid decal fix but who could fathom a pristine brand new sheet going wrong?
-Sprues McDuck-

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Whiffing since the 70s
Re: NöNöBärs's What-If Flugwerft (WIP: Swissair Lockheed L2049)
« Reply #796 on: November 24, 2019, 11:27:04 am »
With any decals sheets of which I don't know the history, I tend to spray on a coat of acrylic varnish or two, just in case. that pretty well works every time, but of course you then have the hassle of trimming each part closely.
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit