Narses2's Blog - or what I'm slowly making progress on

Started by NARSES2, April 21, 2012, 02:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on May 08, 2024, 07:46:11 AMIf they were, then he'd be pretty spry, and probably not need thar little blue pill :wacko:

Some of us may well be.....................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on May 08, 2024, 07:46:11 AM
Quote from: Gondor on May 08, 2024, 07:32:28 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 07, 2024, 05:46:17 AMMy "hunting years" were 68 to 71  :angel:

I am hoping you mean 1968 to 1971 rather than age 68 to 71  :rolleyes:

Gondor

If they were, then he'd be pretty spry, and probably not need thar little blue pill :wacko:

Just use stealth nowadays  ;) And as for that "little blue pill" they've changed in colour the same way my Atenolol has since Covid  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Chris I've got a couple sets of those drills.
They twist open where the top forms a V ..they can be annoying but slow strength will open em  ;D

Also the .3mm bit will break just looking at it .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on May 09, 2024, 02:01:10 AMChris I've got a couple sets of those drills.
They twist open where the top forms a V ..they can be annoying but slow strength will open em  ;D

Yeah, I have a set I'm almost afraid to use... one day, but only by hand and not power - even battery.

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 09, 2024, 10:52:28 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 09, 2024, 02:01:10 AMChris I've got a couple sets of those drills.
 .3mm bit will break just looking at it .

Yeah, I have a set I'm almost afraid to use... one day, but only by hand and not power - even battery.
Nope ..hand only ..ive got 5 Dremels including a cordless one ..they will never see these drill bits .
The 1.2 mm is the thickest but even still mate .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

That or a screwdriver blade  :angel:

Got to them in the end, and yes they will only ever be used by hand. Sizes are 0.1mm  :o  to 1.00mm. Probably only ever use half of them  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 10, 2024, 05:59:26 AM

That or a screwdriver blade  :angel:

Got to them in the end, and yes they will only ever be used by hand. Sizes are 0.1mm  :o  to 1.00mm. Probably only ever use half of them  :angel:
Yeah these are the same types of drills yours is just a different sized set ..but they all break with very little effort 😆
I got two sets cause I broke the .2mm bit with the slightest of touches ..agreed tho..doubt I'll ever use a drill that small.

PR19_Kit

Drilling with a hair chopped off your head would be easier!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

I think I get just as good a result by twisting a knife point, or reaming the hole carefully with a triangular file.

NARSES2

Spent the morning trying to remember some basic formulae for calculating probabilities/possibilities/permutations. Think I finally remembered, to be honest I looked it up and found an on line calculator  :angel: , but the people I was checking it out for aren't going to believe me  :rolleyes:

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 02, 2012, 07:15:17 AMP-39 Finished - pics tomorrow

Zero has the main bits assembled, it's a sweet little kit

Tempest has its undersurface colours on

Helldiver now has all its transfers on.

Started some initial assembly work on the Mosquito and Beaufighter.

Got a Hasegawa Dauntless down from the stash

You're in a swing!  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on May 13, 2024, 10:19:52 PM

I was 12 years ago.  ;D  I know I like Dr Who, but I don't think I've mastered the art of time travel just yet  ;)

They are all finished now though  ;D

Pellson

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 14, 2024, 12:06:42 AM
Quote from: Pellson on May 13, 2024, 10:19:52 PM

I was 12 years ago.  ;D  I know I like Dr Who, but I don't think I've mastered the art of time travel just yet  ;)

They are all finished now though  ;D

I blame the microscopic telephone screen, but then again - it's nice to be in a swing, so let's pretend.. ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

More than happy to pretend I'm back in 2012, not to sure my back and knees will co-operate though  ;)