Author Topic: Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....  (Read 64582 times)

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • bashes kits
Re: Kitbasher's blog: Too many ideas, not enough time.....
« Reply #420 on: November 25, 2020, 10:04:38 am »
Chipping away at the PhanBat/Foxtom and the resurrected Revell Ki-61 at the mo.  Finally decided upon the latter's colour scheme, decals drawn (OK typed) but not printed yet.  Wednesday avo modelling session devoted to going through my Spitfire stash to rationalise build plans. 

For now an old Airfix Vc (the reworked Vb with new parts) can go in the stash reduction pile to make way for a new Airfix 1/72 Vc.  The three Vbs I currently have will be kept for numerous conversions needing a B wing (Ib, IIb, VI), with the other old Vc to be used for a Seafire IIc. 

May get a second Vc to convert to a Seafire L.III, although I've enough Airkit C wings to build one the hard way by using the current Airfix Spitfire I (Lidl beckons!).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:09:20 pm by kitbasher »
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Arrow/Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco GA.1/Barracuda/CASA 2.217/Corsair GR1/EE P12/Fw190D-15/Hawker P1104/Hawker P1067/Hellcat IV/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/Phantom FG1/Puffin/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Val/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter/Twin Otter

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • bashes kits
« Reply #421 on: December 05, 2020, 03:09:39 am »
PhanBat/Foxtom will definitely be Canadian, but markings may not now be CF-18 - it's a question of getting round the limitations of home printing decals using a basic ink-jet printer.  Will dry test the options before deciding which way to go.
On the go: Arrow/Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco GA.1/Barracuda/CASA 2.217/Corsair GR1/EE P12/Fw190D-15/Hawker P1104/Hawker P1067/Hellcat IV/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/Phantom FG1/Puffin/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Val/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter/Twin Otter

Offline kitbasher

• What-IF SIG
  • bashes kits
« Reply #422 on: January 05, 2021, 12:14:40 am »
UK Lockdown 3 GB, anyone?  Starts immediately, may or may not end mid-Feb.