Author Topic: Nils's WHIF activity blog  (Read 73885 times)

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Re: Nils's WHIF activity blog
« Reply #660 on: September 23, 2019, 06:27:57 am »
Hope your recovery speeds up Nils :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline kerick

« Reply #661 on: September 23, 2019, 06:48:32 am »
Don't try to do too much too soon. It can set you back to start over so be careful. A careful recovery from this sort of thing will bring better results.
Get well soon so you can take care of that baby boy when he gets here!!
There's someone in my head, but it's not me!

Offline Nils

• Belgium's "Iceman"
  • Za Rodina!!!
« Reply #662 on: November 03, 2019, 11:09:10 am »
Blog Entry #270

its been a while since the last update, thats because my benchtime was reducesdramaicly due to preperations and furniture assembly for the baby.

i have restarted work on the 5 1/144 scale F-16's that are now nearly finished, the first one has already recieved its decals and is awaiting the last layers of varnish and wheels & weapons.

the next set of builds are a series of MiG-21's and F-104's, both in 1/72 and 1/144 scale. lately im thinking of going back to building some realworld 1/72 models (a Sopwith Camel, F-84's and a Gloster Meteor), just to get inspiration for the next few WHIF builds. to help me relax more, im going back to basics with those builds, that means no airbrush or special tools, but back to good old brush painting (at least for the all-metallic painted models).

im also starting a bit of research on future builds, i have an extra revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter FGA.9 and ive been thinking of upgrading it with a smart weapons capability and more modern air-to-air missiles, might even give it an upgraded glass cockpit and additional external systems. looking at other Civilian build, im looking at converting a Canadair CL-215 waterbomber into a passenger transport, maybe in Air Canada or Alaskan Airlines colors. anoth side build will be the Christmas surprise build and next years April Fools model  ;D

more soon....
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Online TheChronicOne

• -Sprues McDuck-
« Reply #663 on: November 03, 2019, 11:38:33 am »
All kinds of good stuff here!
-Sprues McDuck-