Aeroplanedriver's Stash Reduction GB?

Started by AeroplaneDriver, October 25, 2010, 07:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

OK...so many moons ago the nice man at Squadron had a .99c sale on Tamiya 1/72 Nanzans...so I got about 10 of them...as you do...lovely little kit, but 10 is a bit overkill, and since at current count I could build one kit a month until I'm in my 90s, I've decided to embark on a minor stash reduction...or realignment, since I haven't ceased buying!

So...the idea I had would be to get rid of 5 of the Nanzan kits by having a sort of mini-GB...first five who sign up would get a Nanzan sent to them, free of charge...to build over the course of a month or so....winner by the traditional voting system, one prize for first place, chosen from my stash...It's a bit of a plain-Jane aircraft...but it's a decent whiffing shape for Sci-Fi or for adapting for new roles.  Lots of room for creativity!

Thoughts? Any interest?

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

thedarkmaster

Im up for that mate, I can see one in my minds eye replendant in Suez stripes, however I'm in the uk are you Ok with posting to here ?
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

AeroplaneDriver

Yep..it's a small kit...I'll ship it anywhere for the satisfaction of seeing someone put their spin on it....

Cliffy B

Shoot, I'm game!

Found a neat build article/review of the kit over on IPMS London.  For those interested: http://www.ipmslondon.ca/old%20site/ipmslondon.tripod.com/aircraftreviews/id28.html

Hmmm....I'm thinking Kriegsmarine in RLM Blues.  Just need to get a torpedo.....  :wacko:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

puddingwrestler

I'm up for anything. As long as you let me turn it into something completely different.

(cue Michael Palin in rags to say "its!")
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

AeroplaneDriver

OK, that's three...two more and an official sanction and we have a mini-GB! 

Captain Canada

Wow, that's one heck of an offer, Nick !

I can honestly say that I've only ever built one Japanese aero, and that was a 144th scale Zero, that, surprise surprise, I never actually finished......

I googled the kit you mention to see what it was....looks good to me ! When are you planning on shipping them out ? I'm in Texas for the next three weeks....

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

AeroplaneDriver

Come on you lot!!!

I know there's going to be one more person on here willing to take the challenge!!  ;D :party:

Doc Yo

Anything Puddingwrestler can do, I can do different. I'm in, if you'll have me.

puddingwrestler

Oh dear - the good doctor seems to have thrown down the glove...

Doc Yo

Quote from: puddingwrestler on October 26, 2010, 02:19:59 PM
Oh dear - the good doctor seems to have thrown down the glove...

That's because it was eating my hand. ( I've told Wen not to leave his tools lying around...)

AeroplaneDriver

Well it appears we have a quorum...I'll see about making it an official GB, if not, we can just do it informally...I'll figure up some rules if you gents will PM your addresses.

Let Battle Commence!  :cheers:

AeroplaneDriver

Oh, and by the way...when voting on this mini-GB thingy commences, Puddingwrestler will start with a one-vote lead for being he first to incorporate a Monty Python reference into the build...I think this is in keeping with the spirit of the board...
:cheers:

AeroplaneDriver

Your kits will go out today or tomorrow guys....CC, are you in on this one?  If so send your address/
:cheers:

puddingwrestler

I wait in trepedation.
Or in the rain if I decide to go wait outside.