Natural Camouflage

Started by Eddie M., December 08, 2006, 07:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I went to the Houston Zoo recently and thought a few of these patterns would look good on a model or two. I would really like to see Matrixone put the giraffe pattern on one of his German birds. B)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Svaz

THat giraffe camo would look really wicked on some armor!  :tank:  
Someday, I'll even finish a model ...

Son of Damian

Is that an albino rattler???
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Brian da Basher

Woah those are some cool shots Eddie! What inspiration!

Brian da Basher

luvly_lana

I'm not usually into the camo look unless its different, and these are definately somethin different, they would look great.

RotorheadTX

The giraffe has been done - MBB's BO-105MMS demonstrator:

And one of these days I'll build the little  :wub:  

upnorth

I do believe way back when Sikorsky was into flying boats that Martin and Osa Johnson put a giraffe pattern on one that they used to travel across Africa with when making nature documentaries.

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Radish

Great ideas.....I like that green thing. Spectacular.

Another idea is to choose a current scheme, and then replicate in differing tones.....say, the USN tactical grey, or the F-16 type.
Why not instead of greys use pinks/reds, or blues, or greens, or tans??

But the animal thing is a great idea.
Reptiles....mmmm, love 'em!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Rat

QuoteIs that an albino rattler???
Reticulated Python or Boa Constrictor I think, never could remember the colour pattern difference...  :unsure:

Edit; just checked their web site and they don't have a Boa, but they do have a Reticulated Python.  ;)

If there were rattlesnakes that size a lot of people would be moving out of Texas, if they had ever moved there in there in the first place!  :lol:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

GTX

QuoteI do believe way back when Sikorsky was into flying boats that Martin and Osa Johnson put a giraffe pattern on one that they used to travel across Africa with when making nature documentaries.

Yes they did - it was a Sikorsky S-39-CS named "Spirit of Africa":

There was also a Zebra scheme (on a S-38-BS named "Osa's Ark")  - as this pic shows:

I love these early Sikorsky Amphibians - does anyone produce kits of them?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Son of Damian

QuoteReticulated Python or Boa Constrictor I think, never could remember the colour pattern difference...

Edit; just checked their web site and they don't have a Boa, but they do have a Reticulated Python.

I should have made my self clear, I was refering to this one. The picture above it does have an albino python, from what I have heard they are really popular in the pet trade and are largely the product of breeding in captivity.  

I was at Bass Pro Shop the other day and they have a tank with two rattlers in it, they looked exactly like that one except the color. From what I know about them the western diamond backs are light in color to better fit in with the deserts and semi-arrid regions of the US. But I have never seen one that grey before.

QuoteIf there were rattlesnakes that size a lot of people would be moving out of Texas, if they had ever moved there in there in the first place!

Ya know we use to have panthers here in Texas but over hunting significantly reduced there numbers. But every now and then someone sees one, just a year or so after I moved here there was a boat load of sightings of one here in the meteroplex.  :huh:  
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

The Rat

QuoteI should have made my self clear, I was refering to this one.
Yep, my goof. I just checked their web site again and they have an Aruba Island rattlesnake which looks like it.

Aruba Island rattlesnake? Like, as opposed to an Aruba Mainland rattlesnake?  :P  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

lancer

QuoteIs that an albino rattler???
Reticulated Python or Boa Constrictor I think, never could remember the colour pattern difference...  :unsure:

Edit; just checked their web site and they don't have a Boa, but they do have a Reticulated Python.  ;)

If there were rattlesnakes that size a lot of people would be moving out of Texas, if they had ever moved there in there in the first place!  :lol:
You're giving Leigh reasons to start shoutring about Nukeing Texas again.....The poor lad is going to start having nightmares about that state soon.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

BlackOps

Great pics Eddie, I have always thought Giraffe camo was some of the best.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Leigh

You're giving Leigh reasons to start shoutring about Nukeing Texas again.....The poor lad is going to start having nightmares about that state soon.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Nah Rattlers don't bother me plenty of them around here, natures Vermin control agents.

Anyone ever used Tiger stripe camo? :lol:  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models