Slovak Mig-29 - Nice Camo:)

Started by marek, December 23, 2007, 12:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

First real world application of fractal camo I've seen on an aircraft.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Spey_Phantom

now THATS what i call camo  :jawdrop:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

gooberliberation

There was a USMC hornet that had a faux fractal paint job for a while. The slovak one looks absolutely badass!

Looks like the real world has just justified whiffers to attempt fractal camoflage on eastern euro aircraft. ^_^  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Captain Canada

Ssssssmokin' ! Get it ? Smokin' ?

Wicked ! Looks like crappy resolution in the thumbnails, then you click on 'em and WOW !

Nice find...thanks for that one ! I think I'd like to try a CAF Hornet like that.

:party:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Great, but I hope it doesn't become the trend like BOG is now, blimey is that going to be a pain in the backside to paint!  Looks like the decal manufacturers are onto a winner.  Gekko, any chance??? :thumbsup:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

BlackOps

Way cool!  :wub:  Fractal looks great on this MiG 29  :thumbsup:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Jennings

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

B777LR

Just wait till some model is released, in which paint scheme options consist of 2 fractal camo scheme... (HOW DO I PAINT IT! :lol: )

Jennings

Quote(HOW DO I PAINT IT! :lol: )
That would actually be pretty straightforward to do using decals - IF one had the decals...

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

noxioux

That's a sexy bird. . .

I don't think painting that sort of scheme will be much more difficult than any other, just more time consuming with the fiddly little bits of tape.  While the one or two schemes I've tried were nowhere near that detailed, I don't see why you'd have to rely on decals, unless the subject was really small, like 1/144, say.

B777LR

Quote(HOW DO I PAINT IT! :lol: )
That would actually be pretty straightforward to do using decals - IF one had the decals...

J
...* cough cough* academy decals *cough cough*...

Jennings

Quote...* cough cough* academy decals *cough cough*...
Hmm... I happen to know someone (sitting in the same chair I happen to be sitting in at the moment) who has recently done some decal work for MRC/Academy ;)

J

upnorth

I do hope the Slovak air force will be kind enough to bring it to Brno in September for the annual airshow. :wub:  
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/