Main Menu

Falklands/Malvinas

Started by AeroplaneDriver, November 30, 2006, 06:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

With the 25th anniversary only a few months away, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in an alternate-Falklands GB?  You know, everything from alternate paint schemes on Harriers and Skyhawks to Martel-armed Black Buck Victors evading Argentine Crusaders.  Armor and ships would also obviously be fair game.

Maybe an end date to coincide with either the start or end of the war?

Anyone interested?
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Brian da Basher

If I can add spats, count me in!

Did I mention that I love spats? :wub:

Brian da Basher

Mossie

Hmmm, I've been thinking of doing one of my TSR2's as one of the Falklands aircraft based on South Georgia.  This might give me the chance!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Archibald

who said falkland war ? I'm fascinated by this war...
There's tons of French aircrafts to make in argies camo and markings (ideas are coming :P )
On the opposite side, there's also a mass of alternate RN aircrafts (guys, it's time to put to good use this SR-177 brand new kit, but also TRS-joe Delta IIIs )  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

AeroplaneDriver

After a bit more thought, I'm wondering if an April 2-June 14 timeframe would be feasible, that way it would starat and end on the anniversary dates.

Glad to see there may be some interest in this one!

The Rat

Last time I did that I caused some trouble...  :P  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Sounds like a great idea !

I had already built a pair of Harriers, an H-46, Huey, H-19, and Arrow for the very same reason. But there was one more little project that I never did start....so this will be a perfect excuse for that !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lenny100

count me in
have a 1/48 scale hussler awating just such a build
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

GTX

Sounds great, only one problem - so many ideas to choose from!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Leigh

would we be allowed to do stuff that's real wacky and out there like giving the RN real carriers?

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

anthonyp

Would previously built models be allowed?  I know my F-4J(AR) wouldn't be since I entered it into the Latin America GB, but what about my Argie Arrow?  I don't think I put that one in the Latin America build.

If not, I've got more ideas, but seeing as how I've already got one done...   :lol:

I'd expect anything Whif goes.  RN CVA-01's and Argie Midway Class carrier anyone?  Oooh, I do have one of those Midway models...  but it's of the Midway, and the Cruz Meridional only got refit to Coral Sea specs...

:cheers:  :cheers:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

GTX

How about things that almost were reality (I kid you not) - like a RAAF contingent of Mirage IIIs coming to the aid of the British?

Regards,

Greg

GTX

If we do go ahead with this as a GB, I can think of a couple of possible prizes:

A Sea Harrier Model Kit;
A book on the Falklands War - I'm sure there will be some good ones out with it being the 25th anniversary;
A Super Etendard Model Kit;
A HMS Invincible model kit.

Regards,

Greg

AeroplaneDriver

Glad to see so much interest in this one guys!

I guess as the instigator I'll come up with a few guidelines and sort out the prizes over the next week or so and see about getting it made an official GB.

I'm thinking a couple of models and the "Vulcan 607" book as the 3 prizes, with the winner taking their pick.

As for the ideas you guys have asked about, I say any of the above sound good-RN supercarriers, allied help, bring em on I say.

Thanks for the support on this one, I think it could be a good build if we can get it all organized.

GTX

Hi folks,

If anyone wants inspiration or some info for a back story, have a look here.

Regards,

Greg