F-117 Stealth Aircraft

Started by Mossie, November 05, 2006, 04:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Blimey Archie, your a quick one! :o Hmm, does give it a slightly different look.  Did it fit in fairly easily or need some persuasion?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Archibald

My poor english... I suppose you mean "was it difficult to built?"

Well scrapping the dorsal spine, the frontal...spine (there's only spines on this thing :wacko: ).  There was two big rectangular holes, filled with cardboard. This gave a flat area. After that, graft the canopy on it...not ideal, it's an A-10 canopy (thanks Heller!) too much hurry to wait five days a YF-22 windshield...

Made that in three hours... I'm nearly as productive as comrade anthony some days...

I have high-viz British decals, but no idea of the camo. dark blue and grey ? green and grey ? dark blue and green ?  :wacko:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Shasper

Gray/green is very approapriat.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Mossie

I agree with Shas, grey/green is the way to go.  The actual colours are called 'Dark Green' & 'Dark Sea Grey' & it's similar to the camouflage seen on the AdA's Mirages & other aircraft.

You could alo go with with all over dark sea grey for strike aircraft after 1995 or the two tone grey scheme (dark sea grey/dark camouflage grey) seen after 1999:
http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/draw/t_gr1_99.jpg.

Up to you mate!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Jeffry Fontaine

Not sure if any of you remember this WHIF F-117 in Aeronavale markings that was built by Valentin Bueno.  

The article is located in the archives of Hyperscale at this link: Aeronavale F-117 Nighthawk.  

I thought it was rather well done and for a 1/72nd scale model it looks a lot larger than it really is.  

Perhaps Archie would like to try a similar camouflage scheme on his WHIF F-117?  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Archibald

Thanks guys! Lovely model, but this is a AdA Nighthawk if you look at the roundels... he forget the anchors!!!! impressive build!!!

Paint is not for the next days, I out of my home for one week :(  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Nick

QuoteI agree with Shas, grey/green is the way to go.  The actual colours are called 'Dark Green' & 'Dark Sea Grey' & it's similar to the camouflage seen on the AdA's Mirages & other aircraft.
I use Tamiya spray cans, specifically Ocean Grey and RAF Dark Green, to do the RAF's modern camouflage schemes.

Nick B)  

Archibald

Thanks for the precisions guys! I plan to paint this one as soon as I'm coming back home, in some days... stay tunned!! (I still have some cool squadrons markings left by this Vulcan... and some union jacks, too!

Do you think that this F-117C could carry an union jack ? and were to put this lovely flag on such an angled aircraft ?  :wacko:  

Mossie

It can be done Archie, I've had a play with an F-117 underside image & a Union Flag, I'll post them when I can as I'm at a party tonight.

Archibald

enjoy the party  ;)  beers and girls (if any). The F-117C could be painted in two days (archie is back) but I left the digital camera to Stephanie (no photos until the 24th November  :( )  

Archibald

Et voila! I painted it today! Pictures ASAP...

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteThanks guys! Lovely model, but this is a AdA Nighthawk if you look at the roundels... he forget the anchors!!!! impressive build!!!
Archibald, you must remember that this is a Stealth Attack Aircraft and what better method of concealing this fact then intentionally leaving off the Anchors that would disclose the origin of the aircraft and give up the element of surprise that an aircraft carrier brings when it launches a surprise attack.  The enemy will be looking for an airfield nearby instead of searching the oceans for an aircraft carrier
;)  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Archibald

Maverick

I'm in the process of an F/A-117N bash using some poo-poo (with an english accent) Chinese knockoff... i think it's Zhengdefu... the tru bonus is the fact that the canopy is a clear part that get's painted... allowing a clear canopy to be created cause the frame lines are vague as all crap neway

Archibald

BUMP !!! [/size]

The project had been stalled for three months... sice this afternoon. I received a new A-10 canopy (former had been wasted by putty fumes  :blink: ).

I'm not planning something original for the camo, but the plane looks better than before...