2019 One Week Build - Finished Builds

Started by NARSES2, May 29, 2019, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right here's the place for your finished builds as and when
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TallEng

DH 88 Comet CC.1 K5084  'C' Flight MCS RAF Hendon.
After the successful trials carried out by the RAF with G-ACSS during 1935*, an order for 10 further airframes was placed with de Havilland. Delivered during 1936/37 these aircraft were issued to the newly formed 'C' or Courier Flight of the Metropolitan Communication Squadron based at RAF Hendon. With the Storm clouds of war beginning to gather over Europe they were kept busy flying to the various capitals  carrying diplomatic pouches and other possibly sensitive items
*Actually not so successful it would seem,  During the tests at the RAF at Martlesham it twice suffered a collapsed undercarriage. After the first collapse it was fitted with enlarged air intakes. After the second crash in September 1936 it was sold as scrap. 

IMG_0778 by , on Flickr

IMG_0777 by , on Flickr

IMG_0776 by , on Flickr

There's obviously been a disturbance in the force, I can't be the first......

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on June 13, 2019, 08:44:37 AM

Yes, the first you surely are.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 13, 2019, 11:46:17 AM
Quote from: TallEng on June 13, 2019, 08:44:37 AM

Yes, the first you surely are.  ;D

Yep, you even beat Dizzy! The Force must be close to shattering with that level of disturbance! :o ;) ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

There's no engine swap and no flight scenes..  ;)

Old Wombat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 14, 2019, 02:52:57 AM
There's no engine swap and no flight scenes..  ;)

A minor handicap that shouldn't have evened the odds that much! ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Congrats you are the first (not necessarily the last!)
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

I have managed to finish as well  :o

Here is the Tornscala from 1 Devision Flottilj 11, Flygvapnet based at Nykoping in late 1958

Gondor ............... still bemused at finishing within a week  :unsure:
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

sandiego89

Bearcat on floats,

by Sandiego89

1/72.

In late 1944 the US Navy issued a requirement for a high performance floatplane to equip surface combatants.  Below depicts Bearcat F8N "21" aboard the USS NORTHWIND, in service off Greenland to deter Fw 200 patrols.   

build thread: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=46582.msg846129#msg846129
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Weaver

Alvis Stalwart Mk.II amphibious truck
converted into a lunar rover vehicle for the 2008 TV show
GERRY ANDERSON'S SPACE 2099:

Full build thread and backstory here: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=46576.0

Full build thread and backstory here: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=46576.0
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones