B

Soviet air force operations 1950-1980

Started by B777LR, April 13, 2006, 03:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C-P

Wait, you mean LAND based aircraft? As in, those that don't operate from carriers or water? :zzz:

I'm just not certain I see the point of such limited aircraft.

Still, I am willing to try building something new, no matter how strange.  :blink:

Comrade Iosef R
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

lancer

QuoteWait, you mean LAND based aircraft? As in, those that don't operate from carriers or water? :zzz:

I'm just not certain I see the point of such limited aircraft.

Still, I am willing to try building something new, no matter how strange.  :blink:

Comrade Iosef R
It is for the for the glory of the Motherland comrade
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

gooberliberation

On a somewhat related note, I remember reading in a Janes review thingy from the mid 1980s... Forgive me if i remember details totally wrong.

Apparently Vought was interested in reverse engineering MiGs and producing copies for training aircraft, undercutting soviet exports, and for friendly nations who already operate soviet aircraft (and don't want to shell out extra bucks to support western jets). Also part of the plan was adding western-engines and technology for upgraded versions. :ar:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

B777LR

QuoteOn a somewhat related note, I remember reading in a Janes review thingy from the mid 1980s... Forgive me if i remember details totally wrong.

Apparently Vought was interested in reverse engineering MiGs and producing copies for training aircraft, undercutting soviet exports, and for friendly nations who already operate soviet aircraft (and don't want to shell out extra bucks to support western jets). Also part of the plan was adding western-engines and technology for upgraded versions. :ar:
Just shows that someone in the filthy wests aviation industry wasnt fools! They knew right from the start that we had better technology, but luckily they didnt exploit the technology!

gooberliberation

You see, comrades. When we take someone elses technology, we do it out of necessity; and we make it better, stronger, faster. When THEY do it, they do it out of jealousy and greed.
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Kurlan Naiskos

HMMM ....
all very good ideas.
I am working on a 1/48th Northrup F-5E that I was originally going to do as a US aggressor scheme plane.
I was seriously thinking of using soviet blue-green primer for the cockpit and wheel wells.
your ideas of doing it as a captured soviet aircraft are very intriguing !!
sounds more interesting than what I was originally planning.

a kind of reverse-irony, too

gooberliberation

QuoteHMMM ....
all very good ideas.
I am working on a 1/48th Northrup F-5E that I was originally going to do as a US aggressor scheme plane.
I was seriously thinking of using soviet blue-green primer for the cockpit and wheel wells.
your ideas of doing it as a captured soviet aircraft are very intriguing !!
sounds more interesting than what I was originally planning.

a kind of reverse-irony, too
Apparently when the soviets tested F-5s from vietnam, they found the airplane to be "efficient" but otherwise of no interest.

Clearly the square that wrote that article didn't see that documentary Top-Gun :lol: The people need all the MiG-28s they can get!:wub:

Any plans on a color scheme yet?

Shasper

Comrads! the Motherland's allies, those heroic supporters of Marx and Lenin whom we signed a defense pact with at Warsaw and elsewhere need the tools to fight off those decadent western imperialist! We have copies of their pathetic F-5A and F-5E/F already in service w/ most of our allies, and soon we shall see the rise of the successor to the MiG-26 and -28, the MiG-32!

ZA RODINA TOVARITCHES!

Comrad Shasperov
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.