F-16XS-2 (finished page 2)

Started by Tophe, June 01, 2023, 04:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

from my CGI F-16 topic https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=39083.900
Quote from: Tophe on May 16, 2023, 08:03:11 PMToday I have ordered a MiniHobbyModels 1/144 F-16XL, to build one of these tiny ones:
- F-16XS (fin-less)
- F-16XS-2 (with asymmetric shortened fin)
Receiving the kit is announced July 18th from China:  <_<

I have received it today, almost 2 months in advance! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here is the box content: <_<

VincentC

Or that root of the tail can have a cutout to accommodate the rear canopy glass so it can be in the center.
See my highly detailed expert sketch: 

Tophe

Quote from: VincentC on June 01, 2023, 02:21:44 PMOr that root of the tail can have a cutout to accommodate the rear canopy glass so it can be in the center.
See my highly detailed expert sketch: 
Uh...
2/ I do LOVE  :wub:  your "detailed expert sketch", cartoony, with a pilot smiling without oxygen mask (no need at low altitude) ;)  Let us dream, yes...
1/ Concerning asymmetry, I did not see it as a default but as a bonus: I adore asymmetric aircraft...

Tophe

I have been inspired, for a regular F-16 without wings, just the tailplanes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on June 02, 2023, 04:13:22 AMI have been inspired, for a regular F-16 without wings, just the tailplanes:

Well, it was a LIGHTWEIGHT fighter, wasn't it?   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Wardukw

There's lightweight and then there's Tophes which had to be tied down to stop a light breeze blowing it away  :wacko:  ;D  :wub:
Damn cool 😎 👌
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

VincentC

Quote from: Tophe on June 02, 2023, 04:13:22 AMI have been inspired, for a regular F-16 without wings, just the tailplanes:

Imagine the top of the tail actually being a mounting point and then a B-52 carrying 2 or 4 underwing, to be launched for defense.

kerick

The world's shortest jet engine! Cool!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

I have started truncation and I may have to change my plans, the back after the canopy being not flat enough for my first project:  :unsure:  :-\

Tophe

The simplest in actual plastic (not just line-drawing) could be something like that:  :unsure:  :-\

perttime

Would some part of the rear fuselage fit between the wings?

Tophe

Quote from: perttime on June 04, 2023, 12:36:52 AMWould some part of the rear fuselage fit between the wings?
Of course, this seems possible but with removing the jet exhaust that would burn this part (low because there is a single fin)... :-\

Tophe

The model is finished, in the new way, ready for paint: <_<