Revell 1:35 Tiger 1 with mine roller.

Started by The Chaos, January 28, 2023, 01:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

Hello,
it starts with the tiger.
Once again, the building is not historically original.
Just have fun with the model.
It will depict a tiger in Italy.
As an addition, Friull chains, Pe from Part, accessories from eureka and tube and cover from Panzerart.

Wardukw

Historically accurate my arse Chaos mate..this is wiffy world..everything is Historically accurate in our heads so your build is perfectly accurate and I am liking this build.
I've built a ton of Tigers ..ive still got 3 of em .
I'll be watching this mate  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rheged

This looks interesting! I'm  sure that they would have built them if the German equivalent of Percy Hobart** had been available.

**https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Hobart
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Chaos

Current progress.
The tower fit quite well, but it had to be puttyed a bit.
Next time the first PE parts will be used the hatches and the gun.

Wardukw

Slowly but surely matey  ;D
I've got a bit of a idea for a tank I have with a mine roller ..not WW2 ..a M60 based one.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Chaos

Wardukw

Super clean PE work mate..the barrel is rather nice it's just a shame it's a plastic muzzle brake but ..it's still very nice..gonna turn into a very nice build  :thumbsup:

The Chaos

Thanks and the muzzle brake is 3d printed from panzer art.

buzzbomb

Very clean build so far.. too much etch for me these days.. nevertheless masterfully handled in your case.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

You've done a terrific job with etch sir  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Nice work. The plastic lumps on the inside of the loaders hatch are the plastic representation of what you have added in etch and should have been removed, they are unfortunately not strenthening ribs.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Chaos

PR19_Kit

Are those tracks metal?  :o

That's going to take some putting together, I'll be bound!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Ouch, make your own track pins! I would be buying different track links as that is a bit too much for me. Not saying metal track links are bad, used a set myself on my take of a Panther F and there is nothing better in my opinion for draping track over road wheels.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....