DONE Global freezing ONE-TWO-THREE

Started by loupgarou, November 21, 2022, 07:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

A grimmer scenario than the beer delivery system:
After a period of severe global warming, the BillGates' chemtrail emissions (or it was Egon Musk's ?) combined with 5G radiations caused a reversal of the Earth magnetic field and a dramatic change in temperature: the northern emisphere had 6 months of terrifying snowfalls every year, followed by6 months of tropical heat.
Who survived the first winter had to quickly develop different means of transport in order to move essential supplies around, so a range of strange contraptions, based on existing vehicles appeared.
This is the first one, hopefully it will be followed by others.
The base kit - it's a disgraceful one  :rolleyes:  - : SDV DP-90, with an ancient Herpa cab, possibly a DAF.

After some quick cut and glue:

and with the cab test fitted:

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

I am working on 2 other contraptions, will put all 3 together here to avoid flooding the GB with sillynesses.
ADDENDUM to the story: transportation firms in the emergency used old surplus military equipment and cabs and other parts from scrap heaps, didn't waste newer motor equipment that could be used in better times. And paint was used only when strictly necessary, so the vehicles were a patchwork from various sources.
Some of the items and parts, from my personal scrap-heap, that could be used:

This one is perfect, the cab won't need a paint job, has a beautiful post apocalyptic look:

And work is progressing. Tanks and air bottles had to be moved in order to leave space for the tracks.

In the meantime, the first one, already presented, is complete:

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Has its roots in the TrackRover perhaps?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

Very nice ! I need to source out some more HO scale armour for a train I'm working on. Need some M113s.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on November 28, 2022, 03:43:49 AM...to avoid flooding the GB with sillynesses...

Why would you want to do that?   :unsure:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

loupgarou

Completed work on the other 2.
Number TWO: the M107/110 without gun is a ready made tractor.

and with its semi-trailer.

Number THREE: another transportation firm chose a different approach, to avoid modifying too much its not-too-old semi trailers:
old trucks were roughly converted to half-tracks, were not even given a cab paint job, and the semis retained their wheels in order to be used also in the warm season.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

I like these  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Now do we get to see their "Global Warming" equivalents ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Very good. Nicely done.

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 01, 2022, 12:38:08 AMI like these  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Now do we get to see their "Global Warming" equivalents ?  ;)

They'd have to be amphibious.
Fred